iPad icon !!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

atombone1180

iPad icon !!

Post by atombone1180 »

here's my submission for and official iPad scummvm port icon. I don't know weather or not the devs have choosen to do one yet, however i think (and am speaking for most people) that the offical icon on the iPad looks pretty cruddy do to the expansion of pixels. Hope everyone uses it and that the devs scoop it up for use in future releases :) let me know your thought :) thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
atombone1180

Post by atombone1180 »

In case anyone was wondering... Rename this to icon.png and place in the scummvm.app folder under /var/stash/application. Using either ifile, terminal, or an ssh client. Does anyone have any feedback on an ipad icon? Anyone care? Want different ones ? Want me to shutup as this is a lost cause?? ......what up?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Can't speak for the rest of the ScummVM team, but I like it :). I'll test it out a bit :).
atombone1180

Post by atombone1180 »

thanks Vinterstum, happy to get some feedback! weather it be mine or some other i'd love to see this port get a fresh new icon :) heres another ....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
atombone1180

Post by atombone1180 »

.... and another (can't help it) ... Classic icon hi res

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I prefer the third "classic" icon by far. The second one, which puts "Scumm" over "VM", should not be used for any official port, as it deviates from our regular "corporate design" (although we never formalized that). A ScummVM icon should show the big S, and *maybe* a nice background (if e.g. required by the UI guidelines of the target system), but that's it.
atombone1180

Post by atombone1180 »

thanks for the input fingolfin, maybe the "classic" icon can be used, I think it looks better than just a big S. but if this floats your boat ..... :)

(sized properly for ipad)

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yeah I think I prefer the classic one too, having just the S with no background would break the icon standard (for the iPhone/iPad).
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The one with the background is fine, actually -- as vinterstum says, the plain S would break the iPhone / iPad icon conventions.
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

Actually we have the vectorial sources for the current iPhone icon (scummvm_iphone_icon.svg here), so if it's only a matter of resolution, it should be as easy as re-rendering that. (The same goes for the loading screen)
If you want to make creative changes to it, it would be best to make them over our original vectorial file.
atombone1180

Post by atombone1180 »

I have no problem editing the originals for use with the ipad port. Had I known they existed I would have done that to begin with :) what resolution is the ipad loading screen? Native 1024 x 768? I'll get those done here shortly.
atombone1180

Post by atombone1180 »

ok everyone, here is the vectorial rendition of the ipad icon. lets see if this is satisfactory, whats everyone think? .....

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

atombone1180 wrote:I have no problem editing the originals for use with the ipad port. Had I known they existed I would have done that to begin with :) what resolution is the ipad loading screen? Native 1024 x 768? I'll get those done here shortly.
Very nice, thanks :). I'll test them out and add them to the repository ASAP :).
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

As for the splash / opening screen -- there is some work on a unified splash screen which could be used by all ScummVM ports...
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

fingolfin wrote:As for the splash / opening screen -- there is some work on a unified splash screen which could be used by all ScummVM ports...
All iDevice apps have their own OS controlled splash screen, which is basically just a PNG that is displayed while the app launches.