lang/ver specific compatibility list

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Thank you very much guys. i added all the names from my list to the wiki. That
is exactly what i needed to get started, thanks Joachim. I wasnt sure what the summary box was for so i just left it blank.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

glokidd wrote:I wasnt sure what the summary box was for so i just left it blank.
It is very important:

Please fill in a rough overview of what you added.
Please try not to leave it blank, not even with minimal changes.

That summary immediately tells what has changed without making a diff to the previous state.

Thanks for the work.

I have one last request:

Please, do not add any additional characters, numbers or casing that is not on an original box-shot.

That way, the list won't look that uniform, but we really have original names, even though that might bring some inconsistencies for the eye.

Thanks,

Joachim
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Ok sorry about that, is it possible to add the overview now, or is it too late?
Please, do not add any additional characters, numbers or casing that is not on an original box-shot.
im not exactly sure what you mean by this, could you give me an example of where i have done it?

thanks again for your help Joachim
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

glokidd wrote:Ok sorry about that, is it possible to add the overview now, or is it too late?
im not exactly sure what you mean by this, could you give me an example of where i have done it?

thanks again for your help Joachim
I don't know, since I didn't backcheck any of your commits.

But I give you an example where I refrained from adding such things as [ - : etc ] or modifying any game-names to my liking:

Fritzi Fisch 2 und das Flossengespenst

Pyjama Sam Donner Und Blitz Machen Mir Nix

These two game-names are taken directly from the box, and I didn't add any additional spaces or dashes yet.

We may add them later uniformly, but at the moment I think it's important that we have original unmodified Package/CD-Case/Title-screen names.

Thanks,

Joachim
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Ok thanks ill fix the additional charachters. I didnt realize that they were extra, as i had originally just copy/pasted them from the transposia website. I guess when i do that is it ok if i just write a total summary of the changes i made? or is it just too late to do so and ill just have to know better next time?
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

glokidd wrote:Ok thanks ill fix the additional charachters. I didnt realize that they were extra, as i had originally just copy/pasted them from the transposia website. I guess when i do that is it ok if i just write a total summary of the changes i made? or is it just too late to do so and ill just have to know better next time?
Please only remove characters, from which you know that they're added compared to a box-shot.

secondly, it's not necessary nor possible (i think) to add comments later.

And it's no big tragedy after all. :)

see ya, and thanks for starting the list.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

The source of the wiki page indicates the header is UTF-8, but all the non Latin 1 characters on the page look messed up.

A couple of corrections for the French versions of Humongous games:

1. Pajama Sam is "Sam Pyjam" ("Pyjama Sam" appears on some later boxes, but the kid is always called "Sam Pyjam" by the voice actors).

2. Spy Fox is "James Renard" (again, while some later boxes keep the English name, the voice actors clearly say "James Renard").

3. Spy Fox 3: Operation Ozone translates as James Renard 3 - Opération "SOS Planète".
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Hi, I've noticed some errors in the international titles page (regarding the italian entries):
- "Day of the Tentacle" wasn't translated, so "Giorno del Tenticolo" should be removed ("tenticolo" isn't even an italian word, btw is very similar to the word we use for "testicle" :lol: )
- "Indiana Jones e L 'Ultima Crociata" should be written "Indiana Jones e L'Ultima Crociata" (i'm not 100% sure if this title had been translated, i'll check)
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hehe, i honestly never expected to see this thread ressurected :D

Glorfindel: Thank you for the info, the titles that you mention are from the main title screens of some Italian versions i had an oppertunity to play a while back. In Day of the tentacle: the Big splash title is still "Day of the Tenticle" but in the version i played it had the title i quoted underneath as a type of subtitle. IJLC is a similar situation, but i vaguely recall that the title screen may have acually said the quoted title, Thank you for your correction though, as a non-native speaker the best i can do is try to write exactly what is on the screen

Kaminari: Thanks as well :D , the majority of the HE titles were copy/pasted from the transposia website (i think, man its been a while :P )

I unfortunately haven't had a lot of time to do much work for ScummVM due to an almost constant string of family emmergencies, I greatly look forward to when i can get the oppertunity to dedicate some more time to my projects here
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

No problem :wink:
Btw you were right, there is the subtitle "Giorno del Tentacolo" under the splash screen, but in the carton box and in the economic re-release this title isn't mentioned, so I don't think it's "official"... your choice!