ScummVM for Android on SE Xperia x10

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

listerino80

scummvm xperia x10 no sound

Post by listerino80 »

ive tried every set up on the options on scummvm. i downloaded the main source from the android marketplace along with all the plug ins needed to play monkey island 1-3 and broken sword 1 and 2.
the games run fine, but no sound at all, any ideas? or has anyone figured out what is going wrong with it on the xperia x10. i hope that gus, the guy who ported it to android has any good ideas on what to do seeing as he is the master behind coding it for android. im also on build number R2BA026 .

i have recently updated the firmware, tho it was already at 1.6 before the update, and it still says 1.6.
but anyway, if anyone has any idea of what to do to get the sound and music working on scummvm for the xperia x10. then there will be a lot of happy folks reliving old school times.
listerino80

xperia x10 with no sound

Post by listerino80 »

hey, hope gus reads this. as i aint got a clue what to do about the sound on my xperia x10, the games play just fine, but of course with no sound, there not really playable to me. i got the plug ins for the games i want on scummvm off the android market, and got the game files on the sd card. but is there any files i am missing or should change to make the sound work on my xperia x10. as ive looked everywhere on the net, and so far i have not come across any solutions at all.
hope someone can help
gus
ScummVM Porter

Re: xperia x10 with no sound

Post by gus »

listerino80 wrote:hey, hope gus reads this. as i aint got a clue what to do about the sound on my xperia x10, the games play just fine, but of course with no sound
I haven't been able to test it personally, but I gather one of the x10 updates changed the internal audio code enough to break my ScummVM audio hacks. "Luckily" it fails in a way that doesn't just crash outright.

The ScummVM version that is on the market doesn't play by the portability rules, so breakage like this is unfortunately expected :/
The unreleased ScummVM code that is in SVN trunk is completely different and should be 100% portable, if only I could get the last graphics bug fixed (I have a new theory to test there)...

(Sorry for the delay in fixing things - I have been working on other projects for the last few months.)
listerino80

Post by listerino80 »

heya mate, well ive tried everything to get the sound working, but aint got a clue, as my xperia x10 updated recently but still on 1.6. its rather annoying as the games are really smooth but no sound. hope your bug fix comes out soon, as id love play broken sword again with sound n speech, and im hoping that new update for xperia x10 brings multitouch.
but ill be watching this post, and i know your the master of scumm porting. so fingers crossed, n keep up the good work mate
listerino80

Post by listerino80 »

by the way which of the svn scummvm downloads do i have to click for the android version? as im not sure which one to get.
noodle

Post by noodle »

This version worked fine for me with sound on 2.1 X10 android.

http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7