0.8.2 deb

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fanoush

0.8.2 deb

Post by fanoush »

I have updated stable version to 0.8.2 and recompiled also with tremor so now you can use oggs for compressed audio too. I also tried to reduce size a bit via some compiler switches. Otherwise there are no changes.

I did the same for the unstable cvs version with Kyrandia suport.

http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/#scummvm
Werre

Any luck with Loom CD audio?

Post by Werre »

Can you post intructions on how to get Loom CD audio working? It's in ogg vorbis format.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Any luck with Loom CD audio?

Post by sev »

Werre wrote:Can you post intructions on how to get Loom CD audio working? It's in ogg vorbis format.
Is it? It is CD Audio track. Are you sure you have original?

Eugene
Werre

Re: Any luck with Loom CD audio?

Post by Werre »

sev wrote:
Werre wrote:Can you post intructions on how to get Loom CD audio working? It's in ogg vorbis format.
Is it? It is CD Audio track. Are you sure you have original?
Eugene
Hell no, it's so old a game :-) I only got a PC in 1994, being an Amiga user before.

Seems that I had accidentally fuxxored the file system on the mem card. I shut down 770, removed+inserted the RS-MMC in tabletop linux box, ran dosfsck (and e2fsck for the partition holding swap file) and voila! Works perfectly now.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but Indy4 music level seems better now too.
Werre

Post by Werre »

BTW - Loom takes almost 600MB if the audio track is non-compressed, and less than 50M if the audio is compressed. I didn't notice any performance hit at all.
Werre

NOT condoning piracy

Post by Werre »

FYI, I had the original Amiga version so I'm not losing my night's sleep for finding this compressed-audio-version on a torrent site :-)

Have to test The Dig soon, I have saved at the very end - the famous 0.8.0 port crashes just when making the final deal with the german guy.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Sorry boy, but we don't want to lose our sleep. Owning version for system A doesn't give you rights to own version for system B. You will get no further support here, sorry.

Eugene