Ipad and Monkey island 3

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ipad_fan84

Ipad and Monkey island 3

Post by ipad_fan84 »

Hey,

has anyone tried to install/ play MI:3 on Ipad via ScummVM?Is it better playable than on iphone?
Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Just had a 5 minute go and it ran perfectly, everything worked even in fullscreen with no lag or visible loading at all.
runs better than on the 3GS
shurlogg

Post by shurlogg »

I've played it up to Blood Island so far and it runs perfectly. Only three tiny things I've noticed:

1. You have to manually switch to Click-and-Drag mode every time you start the game (it would be nice if Click-and-Drag could be automatically activated in MI3 and FT when touchpad mode is off)
2. The seafight controls don't react too well (but as far as I remember, that problem was already in the original game) - it's not that bad and playable even in hard mode though
3. The colors in the savegame preview are off. Also, since opening the options acidentally performs a right-click, every savegame preview shows the inventory.

As you can see, these are all very minor things. In my eyes, the iPad is the ideal device for point-and-click adventures, and Curse of Monkey Island is much more fun on it than on a PC.
shurlogg

Post by shurlogg »

I've had some more time to try this, and apparently, Blood Island is as far as you get with ScummVM on the iPad (same probably goes for iPhone) - I can't seem to nail down the bed in the Hotel room because whenever I close the inventory after selecting the nails, Guybrush takes a step aside and the bed snaps shut. It seems we need a hotkey to close the inventory without moving.

edit: Never mind, it works when you exit click and drag mode.
sushi_in_fishbowl

Post by sushi_in_fishbowl »

Just to confirm. It runs amazing and is so far the best showpiece for the iPad for me!

I played it 100% on Mega Monkey mode - there are one or two times you need to disable click/drag mode so you can close the inventory while holding an item.

Other than that it's incredible on the iPad and pisses all over the iPhone version!

Regards