Simon the Sorcerer II

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nozomi

Simon the Sorcerer II

Post by nozomi »

Simon 2 (DOS) nontalkie does not seem to work with the 0.8.0 unofficial build. It worked with the official 0.7.0 release. Is it just this version of Simon 2 or are all versions of Simon 2 not working with the release. I tested it with the 0.8.0 Windows release and it doesn't work there either.
MetaFox

Re: Simon the Sorcerer II

Post by MetaFox »

nozomi wrote:Simon 2 (DOS) nontalkie does not seem to work with the 0.8.0 unofficial build. It worked with the official 0.7.0 release. Is it just this version of Simon 2 or are all versions of Simon 2 not working with the release. I tested it with the 0.8.0 Windows release and it doesn't work there either.
My Simon the Sorcerer 2 CD works fine in both Windows and Dreamcast.

If yours doesn't work even in Windows, it's likely to be a bug unrelated to the Dreamcast version.

Post the a bug report on the bug tracker with the language in the appropriate section (Simon the Sorcerer 2 DOS), and a detailed report about where it crashes, or if it just doesn't work at all.

Also, if you get a message that the MD5 isn't recognized at startup in the DOS console in the Windows version, post the MD5 as well.

Also note that if you have a pirated version, this could also be the reason why the game doesn't work. ScummVM is not built to facilitate pirate copies of games. The Sold Out edition of the CD talkie version can be purchased quite cheaply nowadays. I purchased the Sold Out versions of both Simon the Sorcerer and Simon the Sorcerer 2, and they work splendidly on both Windows and Dreamcast platforms.
zeromeier

Post by zeromeier »

I have a problem with simon 2 too. It's the german CD Version of the game.

My problem is that ScummVM doesn't recognize the game on the cd. I have on the same CD two other games which I can see on the menu.

I think it's 'cause of the wrong folder name, I named it "Simon2", which one would be correct? Does anybody know the right folder name?

would be nice to know that, thanks.