Games Not Showing Up In Directory

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chasingcars191

Games Not Showing Up In Directory

Post by chasingcars191 »

Hi everyone, please bear with me as I'm new to these forums. I've always loved Humongous games and ScummVM, and when I found out I could get Scumm on my iPod touch, I was ecstatic. I set everything up with open ssh and cyber duck, and created a new folder under var/root/mobile named "Humongous Games"and copied the Spy Fox in Dry Cereal game file. The folder keeps showing up on my iPod but the game does not :( I have no idea how to move forward. Any help would be appreciated =].
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Games Not Showing Up In Directory

Post by eriktorbjorn »

chasingcars191 wrote:HThe folder keeps showing up on my iPod but the game does not :( I have no idea how to move forward. Any help would be appreciated =].
I don't know anything about the iPod, but when you say that the "folder keeps showing up", do you mean in the "Add Game" dialog? Because if it's like the desktop version of ScummVM, it's supposed to only show the folders. It's not until you click "Choose" that ScummVM starts looking for any actual game.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

You need to change the permissions of the files/directories you've uploaded to be readable by the "mobile" user.
chasingcars191

Post by chasingcars191 »

Ok perfect I was able to find the actual game, much thanks eriktorbjorn. It allows me to add it but once i click 'start game' it says 'can't find game' and then takes me to a command prompt with unreadable letters because the font is so small. How is it best to proceed from here?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Change the permissions, as I said :)
chasingcars191

Post by chasingcars191 »

got it!! =D=D much thanks to all! =]
busterflex

Post by busterflex »

How do I change the permission?
Does this error occur also with the following error message : Scummvm couldn't open specified folder????