Can't find game data.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Smilax

Can't find game data.

Post by Smilax »

Hi everyone. I open the scum progaram up and I go to the directory where the data is saved and choose it. The error message comes up saying, we can't find any games in the chosen directory.

Yes, I know where the game data is.

Yes, all the data is unzipped.

Yes, the Game is supported.

The Game is The Legend of Kyrandia Floppy PC Version.

A further note: I have downloaded the required file: kyra.dat from the scum site and added it to the directory.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Can't find game data.

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Smilax wrote:Yes, the Game is supported.

The Game is The Legend of Kyrandia Floppy PC Version.
You don't mention which version of ScummVM you are using. The Legend of Kyrandia is only supported by the unstable development version of ScummVM, and even there it's said to have glitches and some missing features. It's not supported by ScummVM 0.8.2 or any other stable release.
Smilax

Post by Smilax »

Thanks for letting me know this. Yes I am currently using the most recent release of ScumVm. I would like to try the deveolpment version because I really want to play this game.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Smilax wrote:Thanks for letting me know this. Yes I am currently using the most recent release of ScumVm. I would like to try the deveolpment version because I really want to play this game.
Depending on which operating system you are using, you may be able to find a recent build of the development version in the Subversion Builds section of the ScummVM page.

Of course, being the development version it has been known to contain serious bugs from time to time. But it's usually fairly stable.
Smilax

Post by Smilax »

I downloaded the older version for Windows. It crashes every time I wish to add the game. I think I am going to give up because I read the notes about the Legend of Kyrandia and it informed me that there is still no sound. I can play it through dos without sound already. Thanks for your help in all this.