State of the Android port (1.5-2.1)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jbarnhill1

Post by jbarnhill1 »

I registered on this forum just to show my appreciation. Thanks so much for all your hard work, gus. I've been waiting for this for a while.
royalcs

Post by royalcs »

Hey guys
first: thank you
second: i tried to play "the dig" on my milestone, it works with the first version build by lubomyr, the libsdl- version. But with the newest version with the right mouseclick enabled i get no sound and a vorbis not supported error after the intro

+Is there a way to dissable the musclick everytime i touch my screen trying to move the cursor?
Delu

Post by Delu »

So any info about when a new release might be around or what it's at so far? Could u release a beta gus?
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

@royalcs
I'm very surprised that vorbis worked in the 1-st version
because my Samsung I5700 crashed when played ogg
and vorbis been removed in next version
redmonky

Post by redmonky »

Hi,

Tested the latest version on my HTC Legend and works perfect less the no music problem and can't find and any combination for the right mouse button.

Games:
- Goblins
- Monkey Island 1

Hoping to see more releases for Android. Very impressive work about porting this to Android.
blunden

Post by blunden »

I'm so glad I randomly checked this forum again. I had almost given up on ScummVM for 2.x.

Just tried it out on my Nexus running 2.2. Except for the flickering at the sides (the would-be letterboxing) in COMI it seems to be working great. I could also try it on a Magic running 2.1 (whatever the latest CyanogenMod testing release is at the time) if that would help.

One big note though, could you please change the package name from "libSDL.jni" to something like "org.scummvm.android" or something. This makes it impossible to install your ViceC64 emulator for example. :(
IronPirate

Post by IronPirate »

Fantastic work, much respect. Runs almost flawlessly on HTC Desire.

I tried it with Broken Sword 1, Simon the sorceror and DOTT all seem perfectly rendered.

The only real issues are about the mouse. Lack of right click and that having to 'click' to move the mouse cursor.

The other thing is that the optical sensor seems to randomly decide its own sensitivity, sometimes its over responsive so you cant click on small things, possibly having a sensitivity setting in the menu would fix this (not that I know how possible that is to do)

Anyway thanks to the developer for letting me play some of my favourite childhood games on the go
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

updated 11-12.06.2010
- more arm optimizations (work faster)
- 2 versions (1-st use tremor lib, 2-nd use vorbis lib) (vorbis don't works on my Samsung i5700)

http://anddev.at.ua/news/scummvm_port_i ... 10-06-02-1
Delu

Post by Delu »

Lubomyr wrote:updated 11-12.06.2010
(vorbis don't works on my Samsung i5700)
Which Firmware are u using? The newer Eclair builds might have fixed that.

What about the ARM optimised version of the Tremor lib?
http://wss.co.uk/pinknoise/tremolo/

Also Performance and quality wise what would be the preferred solution on an android device? Tremor lib or Vorbis?
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

Delu wrote:
Lubomyr wrote:updated 11-12.06.2010
(vorbis don't works on my Samsung i5700)
Which Firmware are u using? The newer Eclair builds might have fixed that.

What about the ARM optimised version of the Tremor lib?
http://wss.co.uk/pinknoise/tremolo/

Also Performance and quality wise what would be the preferred solution on an android device? Tremor lib or Vorbis?
2.1 Eclair

thanks for link, i will try to use it
Delu

Post by Delu »

Lubomyr wrote: 2.1 Eclair

thanks for link, i will try to use it
There are different builds of 2.1 Eclair firmwares for the Samsung i5700 spica, some are fairly old and can be consindered beta (even tho they were and still are supplied from samsungs own update software, but newer are available which fix some or even add stuff, newer slightly improved OpenGL ES drivers and so on). Also you can mod a few things on this phone, say integrate arm optimized libs and/or jit. You can find some information (false ones too at times) here:

http://forum.samdroid.net/f28/
http://forum.samdroid.net/f9/

You're welcome.

--------------

Just tryed your 2 last builds on my i5700 Spica with the game "Full Throttle". The Vorbis build runs ok, very playable, the Tremor build is very slow and get's sound all stuttery and distorted and even crashed the phone after a few seconds.
Last edited by Delu on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellome

Post by hellome »

I can confirm Lubomyr's port to work under android 2.2 Froyo(Google Prerelease) running on a Nexus One.

Best regards and thanks a gazillion times, so far!

[edit] Albeit I don't really see why the program demands internet connectivity[b](?)[/b].
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

From what I've seen it looks like the builds Lubomyr is providing are based on a different source than the official one (in fact it looks like it's a compilation of the SDL backend from the 1.1.1 release). Lubomyr, can you confirm it?

In case it was true it would be very important to notice people who download these builds that it doesn't represent the current status of the official port. It means for example that the improvements being done in Lubomyr's port aren't being applied to the official port, so later it would look like the next official port had regressions.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

100% confirm
for port used ScummVM-1.1.1 original source
SDL-backend (with small changes in control, added mouse moving by d-pad keys from linuxmoto backend)
SDL-lib (port by mamaich) SDL-lib-wrapper (posted by mamaich)
and toolchain arm-linux-elf (posted by mamaich)
toolchain,sdl-lib,and sdl-lib wrapper posted on http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopi ... =0&start=0 (in russian)

SDL-lib support resizing, and support great speed, and present good compatibility with all new android platform

but i think sdl-lib port unfinished
some keys in SDL not work & touchscreen control very uncomfortable
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

and more I did not have plan to create a port for android, but I very much wanted to try to run ScummVM on my device and decided to try