State of the Android port (1.5-2.1)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

Great job!!

I hope both developers could work together, because Gus also seems to have his project at a very advanced level and it surely would benefit the whole ScummVM community.

Hope the Android port becomes official soon :)

PD: it was great to hear the opening music of Fate of Atlantis on the Nexus.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

updated 03-04.06.2010

- all engines supported
- ogg fixed
- right mouse click on camera key

http://anddev.at.ua/news/scummvm_port_i ... 10-06-02-1
Rhendash

Post by Rhendash »

Great job

thank you for your great work !!!
lukaszsw

Post by lukaszsw »

Hey, thanks for spending time on this. Although now I can't get sound in Monkey Island 1 (cd version). It works (as it did lready) for my other games.

The Dig crashes if I skip the openning cut scene.

Right click works well, thanks. Its a little inconvenient however since in Milestone when the screen is in slide-out position the camera key is half behind it and hard to press. Ideally there could be an on screen alt key or something.

And we still get sides of the screen flash when playing broken sword or any other high resolution game. Maybe Gus could explain how is it possible to stetch these games (broken Sword and CMI). I can never remember how I have got it to work on pc, I know I haven't used .ini file.
Last edited by lukaszsw on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
jenom

Desire

Post by jenom »

Works great on my Desire except for the problem with extra mouse click every time I touch the screen. Unfortunately the optical trackball is too slow to play it decently.

Another thing is, that music keeps playing if you switch to the home screen or receive a call.

Great work, thanks to both of you!

ps: the desire (and the nexus?!?) doesn't have a camera key.
Warzone

Post by Warzone »

Hmmm CMI3 doesnt work...at least 2.2 on the N1...got a "need vorbis lib support" error:(
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Hi There,

I just downloaded the newest build to my Desire and I'm liking the new ScummVM icon!

Some problems noticed:

* I noticed that the Optical trackball has now become way too sensitive, it is impossible to select certain points on the screen, as it 'skips' large areas when trying to control using this.

* In this build it seems that OGG isn't working now, as I had this for music on MI.

* When taping anywhere on the screen, it immediately registers a mouse-click which is awkward. This doesn't work well with the current method since you have to also drag the mouse cursor at the same time.

I'm still so happy that I can play scummvm on my Desire! It'd be close to perfect for me if the above things were addressed.

As a quick fix for the cursor movement, I suggest having an option to remove 'tap to click' so that any screen presses only move the cursor, and you left-click only with the optical trackball. The tap to click would work only if the cursor snaps to the position of every screen press.

Thanks again for taking the time to put this together, great work!!
Delu

Post by Delu »

So what does this mean now for gus's work, even more now that the android port (which one?) has beend added to the scummvm SVN repository!?

While I don't know about the details it somehow feels like gus work is left out, just because it takes more time and all of the sudden someone else comes up with a quick thrown together port.

As far as I can read gus work on a android port sounds more advanced/ efficient, so is all that just lost?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Delu wrote:So what does this mean now for gus's work?
Gus is now part of the ScummVM Team and it is his work that has now become the official Android port. Hopefully what this means for Gus is that he will get more support from the team to make his port even better.
Delu

Post by Delu »

criezy wrote:
Delu wrote:So what does this mean now for gus's work?
Gus is now part of the ScummVM Team and it is his work that has now become the official Android port. Hopefully what this means for Gus is that he will get more support from the team to make his port even better.
Sounds great, so I guess that means we get some more info on a new and now all official release soon!? ;)

Thanks for all your efforts gus and also everyone else on the ScummVM team, glad android finally made it!
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

lukaszsw wrote:But otherwise, well, you did it! I guess, I wonder what gus has to say about that.
I think "patches welcome" ;)

I've been working on getting the port properly merged into ScummVM, which has just happened. So now people should be able to get the code without having to track down patches in bug tracker entries.

I think the only outstanding bug before a 2.0+ friendly market release is fixing what broke plugins in Android 2.0. I (or anyone else for that matter) should be able to build a (big) package with all the engines statically linked in very easily. I'll do so and put it up somewhere (not the market) so at least we can get some testing mileage on the rest of the code.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

We will also try to get the Android port added to our buildbot which would among other things provide us with daily builds!
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Excellent news! Congrats to Gus and the ScummVM team for making this possible. Really exciting times for Android :)
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

Thank you very much, Gus. I think there are a lot of people who are waiting for ScummVM to work on Android, and all of us are very grateful to you.

Thank you!
Stremon

Post by Stremon »

Sounds great, thx for all your work !!! :)