State of the Android port (1.5-2.1)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nova5lag

Post by Nova5lag »

Lubomyr wrote:my first attempt to compile and run scummvm for Android (all version)
compiled original sources without any changes
temporary only with one engine scumm
tested on my Samsung i5700 Spica (Android 2.1)

http://anddev.at.ua/news/scummvm_port_i ... 10-06-02-1[/url]
Great news Lubomyr, just so I get it... I download the .apk and run that via Astro (or other file manager?).

Will test on my Rooted Hero. :)

The link on your site for the .zip archive seems to be down by the way.

EDIT: I installed via Astro File Manager and got Monkey Island running at a good speed too. So thats awesome.

Few observations:

Controls - the pointer remains stationary so if you touch the opposite side of the screen it does not snap to the position touched.

No key for menu options?

Sound - Sound doesn't seem to active.

Good work! Very exciting. ScummVM running on Android 2.1.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

updated 02-03.06.2010

-all default engine
-mp3 ogg flac support - not tested
-some key for control

http://anddev.at.ua/news/scummvm_port_i ... 10-06-02-1
Nova5lag

Post by Nova5lag »

Lubomyr wrote:updated 02-03.06.2010

-all default engine
-mp3 ogg flac support - not tested
-some key for control

http://anddev.at.ua/news/scummvm_port_i ... 10-06-02-1
Hi Lubomyr do you have a direct link to the download I can only find the original file linked on your site.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

Nova5lag

Post by Nova5lag »

Great. I have installed the latest version and I now have sound working, it seems to stutter though.

Is there anything I need to do in the settings or something? :)
lukaszsw

Post by lukaszsw »

Nice, it is actually working, and seems like Monkey Island 1 and CMI are completable on Motorola Milestone. CMI cutscenes work great. Oh, CMI does stretch to wide screen on my widescreen laptop but it won't on the android.

But otherwise, well, you did it! I guess, I wonder what gus has to say about that. Needs proper touch control and we can test games.

edit: it just crashed after I went to the desktop and tried to go back, CMI openning cut scene was playing.
No stuttering though
kakarotto

Post by kakarotto »

trying monkey3 on Milestone...
Works, but there are some graphic problems.
i'll post a video soon

EDIT: here's the video
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QCM202G

Monkey1 works well.

For the savestate, you have to choose manually the destination folder in the scumm menu
Also, i'm waiting for the right click :)

Thanks for your work:)
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

I am trying to download the .apk file but it isn't working. I can download the SDL.zip fine. Has this been removed from your site for any reason? Thanks for your help! Hoping to test on an HTC Desire :)
lukaszsw

Post by lukaszsw »

phunimator wrote: I am trying to download the .apk file but it isn't working. I can download the SDL.zip fine. Has this been removed from your site for any reason? Thanks for your help! Hoping to test on an HTC Desire :)
The file is still there. I tried it again and it downloads fine.

Oh, yeah, CMI sides flash during play. I found that it also happens for other games unless you run them in wide screen (like BASS). But the older games (320x200) can be played as wide screen by some bizzare action - change to DotMatrix, start and close the game, loader changes, start game and it works in wide screen mode. But it doesn't work for newer ones - Broken Sword or CMI
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Ok, I managed to download it eventually, installed and tried monkey island, which works quite nicely. Music encoded in ogg shutters slightly but all sound effects perfect. Looks lovely on Desire, would love right click and more pointer options as every screen tap is a mouse click which is awkward to play. Thanks for this, I look forward to further progress :)
Pogo{

Post by Pogo{ »

Does this require a rooted phone to work? Won't install on my desire (android 2.1), i get the installation progress bar for about 30 seconds and then a message saying the application was not installed.
cosinuz

Post by cosinuz »

First, very good work!

I can play on my desire, but where is the menu to save and load a game? I don't have F-keys on my Desire :)

Thx!
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Pogo{ wrote:Does this require a rooted phone to work? Won't install on my desire (android 2.1), i get the installation progress bar for about 30 seconds and then a message saying the application was not installed.
You do not need a rooted phone. I got this error also at first, but I uninstalled a few applications then the installation was successful.

@cosinuz I am playing this on the Desire, to get the load save menu, just press the 'Menu' button while in the game, and it will pop up. Also to skip any cutscenes in games, press the 'back' button. It plays nice so far, except for the mouse control which feels a bit weird.
cosinuz

Post by cosinuz »

phunimator wrote:
Pogo{ wrote:Does this require a rooted phone to work? Won't install on my desire (android 2.1), i get the installation progress bar for about 30 seconds and then a message saying the application was not installed.
You do not need a rooted phone. I got this error also at first, but I uninstalled a few applications then the installation was successful.

@cosinuz I am playing this on the Desire, to get the load save menu, just press the 'Menu' button while in the game, and it will pop up. Also to skip any cutscenes in games, press the 'back' button. It plays nice so far, except for the mouse control which feels a bit weird.

I pressed the menu button, but i got only the desire keyboard without f-keys. :(
Pogo{

Post by Pogo{ »

phunimator wrote:
Thanks, removed some crap and it installed just fine after that.

Works great already, just some control issues and scaling/stretching options missing! Many thanks to Lubomyr for releasing this for us to test, it's plenty useful already!