Non-split build again?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pa9an

Non-split build again?

Post by Pa9an »

I stopped upgrading ScummVM for my PPC when it started to be split in 2 builds to overcome memory limitations.
To be honest, I am just lazy to split my config and always remember which game requires which exe...

Ideally, the Windows Mobile build should come in 2 flavours - the split one as it is now as well as a 'full' one for people who haven't seen any memory limits in their PPCs.
Exolon

Re: Non-split build again?

Post by Exolon »

Pa9an wrote:To be honest, I am just lazy to split my config
Hmm, o.k. one of the (busy) developers should change the PPC build system to build an extra executeable, including all engines, because you are to lazy to work with 2 seperate directories?

Excuse me, but you can't be serious!

How about building the executable yourself?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, I can understand the desire, and I recommend filing a feature request for this on our feature request tracker. Whether the WinCE porter has time to do it or not I can't say, though. :)
Pa9an

Post by Pa9an »

Exolon wrote:
Pa9an wrote:To be honest, I am just lazy to split my config
Hmm, o.k. one of the (busy) developers should change the PPC build system to build an extra executeable, including all engines, because you are to lazy to work with 2 seperate directories?

Excuse me, but you can't be serious!
Well, I actually am. It's awkward to split everything in half when all could be nicely working as ONE package...especially seeing a comment in the README-WinCE saying "This is still a 2-binary distribution.". STILL?? :? So will I be joining all into one again after I tediously split everything up...?

I'm fairly certain the memory restriction argument is for a minority of users rather than the majority anyway...
Exolon wrote:How about building the executable yourself?
I would if I had the knowledge... :roll:
Pa9an

Post by Pa9an »

fingolfin wrote:Well, I can understand the desire, and I recommend filing a feature request for this on our feature request tracker. Whether the WinCE porter has time to do it or not I can't say, though. :)
Will do, thanks for the hint! :idea: :D
Exolon

Post by Exolon »

Pa9an wrote:
I'll compile you a single binary of the current SVN if you want. Just drop me a PM.
Last edited by Exolon on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

Exolon wrote:
Pa9an wrote:
I'll compile you a single binary of the current SVN if you want. Just drop me a PN.
I would download it. I prefer a SVN in a block rather than an official split released. And I´m workig with a SVN in a HP1935.
I own one HD, a HD2, a Qtek 9000, etc and I prefer my little (i)pack.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

I rather prefer unsplit version.
I play in most cases with a hp ipaq 1940 wince2003se 266Mhz Samsung cpu and at this moment I haven´t been no problem with memory due to large scumm version. In addition, I have some ressident programs. My free memory is 36MB around.

I´ve finished properly this month loom, loom FMTowns and The feeble files (at last). I´m playing 7th guest.
I´ve tried Kyra, kyra2, kyra3, Md, Md2, Drascula.... with no memory problem.

For those about to work many thanks.
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

The latest versions (both the release candidate and the official version) contain both split and combined exes.

Robin
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

I know, and I agree very much about this.

Thanks.