Battery life and screen modes on the 5800/5230?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TestType

Battery life and screen modes on the 5800/5230?

Post by TestType »

Hey gang,

Been reading a lot about the v5 functionality of the Symbian port but I have a couple of questions I haven't found with searching.

Can anybody comment on the battery life of the 5800 when playing games in ScummVM? I'm considering buying Nokia 5230 which is essentally the exact same phone except half the price where I live but without wi-fi and a worse camera.
Also, it seems the port supports full-screen stretching and I've seen a couple of different modes with the virtual keyboard, does it support proper aspect ratio while scaling up to the vertical screen edges in landscape mode? I guess a breakdown of the screen modes on 5800 is what I'm asking for.

Thanks!

edit: One more thing, is there any functionality for the touch sensitive button (the "media" button) above the screen in ScummVM? Would be great if so, could be used for right-clicking for examlple, but I haven't found any info on it.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

I actually think the media button could be better served as a drop down list with the options to save\load\etc'
TestType

Post by TestType »

I disagree with that, you can easily pull up the keyboard for the occasional saving/loading, but right clicking you would be using all the time depending on the game.
An option to customize it would be ideal though I guess. Do you have experience with this phone? If so, I take it the button doesn't work in ScummVM?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I've played for hours in a row on my Nokia E52, but then again, the E52 battery is slightly larger than the 5800/5230 battery.
TestType

Post by TestType »

Thanks for the reply Freddo, that's good to hear. I had a look and the E52 has indeed about 180 mAh more capacity. But can also I imagine the screen on the 5800 being more power hungry.