ERROR using: Day of the Tentacle

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

blocq

ERROR using: Day of the Tentacle

Post by blocq »

okay, i just tried the scummVM for PSP, and it works for me with:
Maniac Mansion, Indy 3, Indy 4 and Monkey Island 1..
But my problem is, that everytime i start DotT, i get an error that tells me "Missing 45.lfl"

The fact that there is no 45.lfl in any folder i have from DotT is very strange, and i saw a couple of you guys/girls playing DotT on the PSP.

Does anyone know something about that problem??

My PSP FW: 1.5
My scummVM Version: 0.8.2
My DotT Folder contains:
00.LFL to 17.LFL
ADLIB.IMS
ARJ.EXE
DOTT.EXE
DOTT.ICO
DOTT.INI
DOTT.PIF
MANIAC.OVL
MONSTER.SOU
NULL.IMS
README
SAVEGAME.001
TENTACLE.000
TENTACLE.001
TENTACLE.EXE
TENTACLE.PIF
And another problem is with Broken Sword 1 and 2.. i got them on CD, but i cant figure it out, how to start them on my PSP..
Has anyone a DOS downloadlink or something for those two games?
(if this is not allowed, please delete the second question).

Thanks for the advance, and keep this nice work up scummVM team!

peace out[/quote]
Jimbob

Re: ERROR using: Day of the Tentacle

Post by Jimbob »

blocq wrote:And another problem is with Broken Sword 1 and 2.. i got them on CD, but i cant figure it out, how to start them on my PSP..
I don't know the answer for your first query but I may be able to help with the Broken Sword one.

To run Broken Sword you just need to copy the required files from the CD's into a folder and ScummVM will be able to detect it from there. If the files on your CD are hidden in an installer then I guess you need a Windows machine to install it on first, then copy the files to a folder on your memory stick. A list of the files needed is here.
blocq

Re: ERROR using: Day of the Tentacle

Post by blocq »

Jimbob wrote:
blocq wrote:And another problem is with Broken Sword 1 and 2.. i got them on CD, but i cant figure it out, how to start them on my PSP..
I don't know the answer for your first query but I may be able to help with the Broken Sword one.

To run Broken Sword you just need to copy the required files from the CD's into a folder and ScummVM will be able to detect it from there. If the files on your CD are hidden in an installer then I guess you need a Windows machine to install it on first, then copy the files to a folder on your memory stick. A list of the files needed is here.
thats the problem i have, i'm on Mac.. and i just got the pc CD, with just exe..
isn't there any zip file with the required files for Broken sword? i had the game on Playstation and i played it all night.. but now, i heard that for PSP, but i cant found anything for mac.. just found the Macintosh Garden Website (the-underdogs).. and there is no broken sword :(

have you got broken sword on your psp?
blocq

Post by blocq »

as i surfed on your page:
http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles
and saw that:
Day of the Tentacle (PC CD and Floppy)
MONSTER.SOU
TENTACLE.000
TENTACLE.001

so i just need these three files for getting it work? without those 100 lfl files i have in my foldeR?!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I remember hearing about some problem with our game detector when running DOTT when MM files are present (in the maniac/ dir?).
Try putting just TENTACLE.000, TENTACLE.001 and MONSTER.SOU in a directory and see if it works then.
blocq

Post by blocq »

joostp wrote:I remember hearing about some problem with our game detector when running DOTT when MM files are present (in the maniac/ dir?).
Try putting just TENTACLE.000, TENTACLE.001 and MONSTER.SOU in a directory and see if it works then.
i just tried it before i got outta work, just with those files, and it worked fine!
it were the LFL files that were creating the error!
thanks for help..

so for all ppls, just delete the LFL files and use those 3 files!
works fine for me, with Voice!

but still got the prob with Broken Sword :(
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Just copy the relevant files from your original CDs to a directory on your memory stick and it should work.