Teenagent Inventory Problem.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Red_Breast

Teenagent Inventory Problem.

Post by Red_Breast »

First off this issue relates to the Wii build of ScummVM. I admit I'm thinking more people will see it this way. :oops:

I wanted to try ScummVM's new additions (Dragon's History and Teenagent) over Xmas.
I played through Dragon's to the end no problem and then started Teenagent. After the Xmas day mouse pointer problem was fixed (thanks Lord Hoto) I started but hit another problem straight away.
I'm not actually sure it's a bug but I just can't work out what is going wrong. It's only happening on the Wii as well. I tried Linux and Windows which were fine.

It's when you need to use an inventory item. The first instance is showing the guard at the sentry hut your pass. The second instance is using a key on a door from inside the cell. I've only tried those 2.
So to use the pass on the guard you would move the pointer to the top to reveal the inventory. Put the pointer over the pass and the text "pass" appears. Right-click the pass for the text "pass &". Move the pointer over the guard for the text "pass & guard".

It's the last part that isn't working right. I get the text "pass & guard" but when I click on the guard then the text "guard" appears and my pass is back in my inventory.

I know the second instance where the inventory is used is the cell because I got past the pass/guard part by using a save made on my Linux PC (and then copied over to the SD card) which was made just after the guard let's me through. I can get the text "key & door" up but when I click the door the text changes to "door" and the key is back in my inventory.

I don't think it's a controller issue as I tried 2 different Wiimotes, a Wavebird and a normal wired Gamecube pad.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Anybody care to even guess what the problem might be?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Should I make a record of this on the bug tracker?

To cut my first post short I'm unable to use Inventory items on the Wii version.

101 views of this post. Somebody say something please.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I would have said that this should probably be on the Wii forum, not the Help and Support one. I suppose it doesn't matter too much though.

Since the problem is platform specific, and if it still exists in the current daily snapshot, I think it should probably be reported. I checked the bug tracker and it seems people do report platform specific faults on there.

As to what the problem could be, I don't know, and unfortunately I don't have access to my Wii at the moment.

Sorry I can't help more.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Red_Breast wrote:Should I make a record of this on the bug tracker?
That's probably a good idea. Bug reports in the forum are usually either acted on immediately, or forgotten. In the bug tracker... well, at least they shouldn't be forgotten.
Red Breast wrote: To cut my first post short I'm unable to use Inventory items on the Wii version.

101 views of this post. Somebody say something please.
Given the forum, chances are not all of them don't use the Wii version of ScummVM. I'd guess a lot of them don't even own a Wii. I know I don't...
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I'll report it on the bug tracker.

Actually maybe it might be worth an admin/mod moving this to the Wii forum?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I moved the topic, but the thing which will really help is our bugtracker.

Eugene
whoozle

Post by whoozle »

Could we get logs (-d0) from wii somehow?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Do you mean some sort of terminal/command line to check the output for errors?
I've seen '-d0' before but I don't know what it means.
Please tell.

I think the only way would be to use something like USB Gecko, a remote, hardware, debugging tool.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/USB_Gecko

Maybe Dhewg, ScummVM for Wii porter, would be the best person to have a look. The game itself is easy enough to get as Good 'Ole Games have it for free download.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/teenagent
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

The same problem happens on the Nintendo64 port too.
Looks like it's endianess related.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've already posted about it on the bug tracker.
Ahh- looks like it's been fixed. I can't test right now but will tomorrow/later.

I read about the N64 port via Sev's blog and then found your site. How do I build a N64 executable? I have a PAL N64. I imagine it would be easier with an emulator. Would it run on one of those new NEO N64 Myth flash carts? I don't have one but I'm tempted.

Edit - Just tested and it's working OK now. Thanks.
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

I have yet to write proper documentation for building, i'll probably have enough time for this (and for building tools for win users) this weekend or the next (damn university exam).
Basically on linux you just have to build a mips64 toolchain with gcc, newlib and my libn64.
If you are in a hurry i can send you the command lines i used for configuring everything. After having everything in place it's just a matter of running make.

As for the myth cart: i have multiple reports of scummvm working fine on there, i'm waiting for a sample myself to test it out!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

No rush hkzlab. I'll wait for documentation. Concentrate on your exam and good luck.