Full Support for Blues Clues?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gzsfrk

Full Support for Blues Clues?

Post by gzsfrk »

Are there any plans to add support for the full version of the Blues' Clues games to ScummVM in addition to the demo versions? I have Blue's ABC Time, but I can only get it to recognize the demo version, and not the full game.

Anyone have any idea why support hasn't been added yet?

Cheers...
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

No plans to add support for the full versions of the Blue's Clues games. The video sequences in the games used the Smacker format, and the games wouldn't make sense without the video sequences.

If you really want to try the full versions, you could rename the files but they have not been tested under ScummVM.
gzsfrk

Post by gzsfrk »

Kirben wrote:No plans to add support for the full versions of the Blue's Clues games. The video sequences in the games used the Smacker format, and the games wouldn't make sense without the video sequences.

If you really want to try the full versions, you could rename the files but they have not been tested under ScummVM.
Ok--that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the reply!

One question, though--I know that in the Blue's Birthday demo, there is obviously SOME video running--is that simply a bunch of animated frames stuck together in a regular SCUMM animation of sorts?

Cheers...
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

gzsfrk wrote: One question, though--I know that in the Blue's Birthday demo, there is obviously SOME video running--is that simply a bunch of animated frames stuck together in a regular SCUMM animation of sorts?
The introduction sequence of that demo is a regular animation using actors through SCUMM, and not a video sequence.