BS1 Issues on latest build?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xsimmonsx

BS1 Issues on latest build?

Post by xsimmonsx »

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same issues as me?

I haven't been on the scene for a few years now and just downloaded the latest 1.0.0 for PSP. The opening of Broken Sword 1 is amazing, no lag at all, its really come along way since I last used ScummVM on this console

The problem I am getting is a constant crash back to the home menu during parts of the game, mainly when its changing into a cutscene, Ireland was one, Syria and now I am at the end and the final long cutscene wont finish (crashes at the grandmaster between the pillars). This can be annoying if I haven't saved every 5 mins, as it'd mean playing through parts all over again.

I have tried everything, I even reinstalled the whole game to PC and re-built the files needed for PSP, incase it was a file problem? But it still does it? I've also reinstalled the new cutscene packs as it said the originals don't work with current build.

I am currently running 5.00 M33-6 along with the latest ScummVM 1.0.0 release.

Many thanks.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Interesting. Other than before cutscenes, is there any other rule to the pattern of crashing? Does it literally happen every time a cutscene plays? If so, how did you get past those parts? Could you post a save right before a crash so I can test it?

Also, you might want to download the latest subversion build to see if the issue may have been resolved automatically somehow.

Bluddy
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I remember a specific problem with BS2 crashing in one spot (also after playing a movie) being caused by the lack of memory. Removing a few engines from the build cured it at the time. 1.0 won't be using plugins so this might be the cause if xsimmonsx is using a phat.
xsimmonsx

Post by xsimmonsx »

Sorry for such a late reply, I have had major problems with my internet provider, which was nice...just in time for xmas (nobody use virgin media).

Pix2 I am indeed using a psp 'phat', I bought my psp within the 1st few weeks of them coming out it was one of the original 1.0v, vastly upgraded & downgraded ever since.

Bluddy I shall download a subversion and give that a test, as I love Broken Sword and play 1 & 2 back to back at least once a year all the way through.

Would you still like a copy of the save file? The crashes happen often through the game, but reloading and retrying often allowed me to get past the crashed parts at least after a few tries, its only the lengthy end sequence that has now stumped it completely.

So for now I have just bought an R4 card and a DS (but it was only after that I discovered BS can't run on DS due to its resolution) so I have also just purchased the remade BS on DS, I love the new Nicole parts, very clever, but the lack of voice was a bit disappointing.