Full Throttle on Iplayer?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Crazy-S

Full Throttle on Iplayer?

Post by Crazy-S »

Hi as anyone knows has the Iplayer an inbuilt cpu(for realtime video converting) so its more powerful than the DSi itself and I am asking is it possible that you could make a ScummVMDS build exactly for the Iplayer so that everyone can play FullThrottle or the Dig... And if you need some sourcecodes for the Iplayer just ask their team or Darkchen(the coder of the Iplayer gba emu)they support Homebrewers
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Agentq maintains the DS port.
So PM him directly.
It would probably help if one of these Iplayers was purchased for him. If I wanted Iplayer support that's what I'd do, or take a look at compiling yourself and maybe agentq could help you if you get stuck.
Has any of the DS homebrew that uses slot2 as extra RAM been ported yet? For example Quake and Quake 2.
Crazy-S

Post by Crazy-S »

Oh er sorry but I CANT CODE im too untalented...
I have asked agentq(in another thread...)but he wasnt believing that the Iplayer needs no Xtra Ram and sorry Im not working so I cant buy some guy (i dont know,just met in the Inet)an 60€ Iplayer
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

As far as coding goes I can't either. But I'm OK with command line and terminal syntax so I do compile my own ScummVM builds, using the instructions on the wiki.
As this would be new territory it would be harder but maybe the idea of learning to compile might appeal to you.
All depends how much you want it I guess. Wait till somebody else does it or try yourself. Maybe even try asking somebody who has already built homebrew for the IPlayer.
Sometimes if you want something done you have to do it yourself right?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

As I mentioned in the other thread, there are no libraries available for the iplayer. Darkchen mentions on his blog that he managed to get an SDK from an unofficial source, but he doesn't say where.

I've looked into the specs of the iplayer (the chip is a standard off-the-shelf part) and it is an impressive device, an entire computer is on there and it's many times faster than the DS. It may well be possible to run ScummVM on the iplayer and only use the DS to control the screen.

This would be a large job, however, as it would be the same as porting ScummVM to an entirely new system. I don't really have the time to do that. I don't really have a lot of spare time these days, and since the number of iplayer owners who would be interested is pretty small.

I'm the only person working on ScummVM DS, but there are other people out there who could attempt this if they were interested.