my 0.8.1 deb

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fanoush

my 0.8.1 deb

Post by fanoush »

Hello,

I wanted also other engines so I patched 0.8.1 version, added patch from Tomas, enabled libMAD for mp3 sound in FOTAQ, enabled all engines including Kyrandia (unfortunately does not work for me in 0.8.1 but latest cvs works better on PC) , added some keymappings to FOTAQ, BASS and Gobliins. The result is here http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/ on the bottom.

I have fixed the icon by making wrapper that sets SDL_VIDEO_X11_WMCLASS so it is no longer hardcoded to SDL_App.

About the key mapping - it would really need some generic keymapper inside scummvm. Every engine uses its own keys, it should be made generic and changed to some defines like GAME_MENU, GAME_BUTTON1,... and remapped elsewhere to specific keys or buttons. it should also have possibility of having more sets of mappings switched from engine on different screens (main screen, load/save, options) so we could map mouse button to Enter key on main screen but not on load/save screen.

Oh and virtual keyboard would be really nice. N770 screen is wider so it can fit on the sides. it could include also mouse buttons or swrithing between mose modes (just moving,left clicking,right clicking).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Where can I get pre-built libmad dev package?

Eugene
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

I don't know. I just unpacked libmad sources from ftp://ftp.mars.org/pub/mpeg/ inside arm scratchbox target and did ./configure --disable-shared; make ; make install and the scummvm found libMAD and linked it statically. It could be linked dynamically but there is no single repository for N770 packages so the result would be two packages instead of one with libmad used only by scummvm or conflicting with other libmad for other package.

BTW I tried to compile latest CVS version and kyrandia seems to work much better (i.e. is actually playable) only speed is sometimes not OK and sound skips on some screens like the one with pool where you pick the raindrop.

But I failed to make deb package out of this. The same patch merges fine but when making deb I see debian error message about upstream package having no digits in version. Strange, I cannot find what is different and matters for debian between 0.8.1 files and cvs ones. I'm a debian packaging newbie. But the executable works on device when copied manually over installed 0.8.1 version.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fanoush wrote:BTW I tried to compile latest CVS version and kyrandia seems to work much better (i.e. is actually playable)
No, it's completable :)
fanoush wrote: But I failed to make deb package out of this. The same patch merges fine but when making deb I see debian error message about upstream package having no digits in version. Strange, I cannot find what is different and matters for debian between 0.8.1 files and cvs ones.
Maybe that's because package there has "0.9.0cvs" version?

Eugene
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

sev wrote: No, it's completable :)
Nice to hear that but I cannot confirm this yet :)
I'm dying a lot. And the engine always exits with message box 'Brandon is dead', can't it just restart without exiting?
sev wrote: Maybe that's because package there has "0.9.0cvs" version?
Eugene
It was one really stupid typo in changelog file. I have added it to my page now as 0.9.0cvs20060205 for those who want to play Kyrandia.