Fullscreen

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cartman316

Fullscreen

Post by Cartman316 »

Hello.

I use a HTC HD2 with ScummVM 1.0.0rc1 for WindowsCE.

I have noted that ScummVM doesnt use the full screen even if i toggle away the ScummVM Menu-Bar. Even then remains a black empty-space under the game-screen with the size of the ScummVM Menu-Bar. Is there any way to use this space for the game-screen? A bigger game-screen would make games very much more playable on devices with capazitve touchscreen on which you cant use a touch-penn.

Thanks in advance.
NLS

Post by NLS »

I think development for WM (which is still named "Windows CE" although I doubt it runs on non-WM WinCE devices) is not "too" active lately unfortunately.

I've said it before and almost got attacked, but I feel this is the case. Flame or no flame, I hope I am wrong, but I am not so sure.

To be on the safe side, I would open a feature request (if it's not already there).
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Re: Fullscreen

Post by robinwatts »

[quote="Cartman316"]I use a HTC HD2 with ScummVM 1.0.0rc1 for WindowsCE.
[/quote]

That's an 800x480 device.

Most games are 320x200, so by doubling the screen size we'll use 640x400 - that's probably what you are seeing.

If you enable aspect ratio scaling, then you might improve that to using 640x480 (I forget exactly whether we have a 2xAspectRatio scaler coded). Try it and see.

To use 800x480 you'd need to scale the screen and distort everything. That's unlikely to happen.

Robin
Cartman316

Re: Fullscreen

Post by Cartman316 »

robinwatts wrote:
Cartman316 wrote:I use a HTC HD2 with ScummVM 1.0.0rc1 for WindowsCE.
That's an 800x480 device.

Most games are 320x200, so by doubling the screen size we'll use 640x400 - that's probably what you are seeing.

If you enable aspect ratio scaling, then you might improve that to using 640x480 (I forget exactly whether we have a 2xAspectRatio scaler coded). Try it and see.

To use 800x480 you'd need to scale the screen and distort everything. That's unlikely to happen.

Robin

Thanks, but it doesnt really improve that situation.
Its sad because exept that problem ScummVM works great on HD2 with the games i have tested. The ideal solution would be enabling pitch & zoom like in many other applications on HD2.
NLS

Post by NLS »

Robin support for 480x800 is not just the games themselves.
The extra real estate can be used for cursor control, keyboard always on etc.