monkey island 4 problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

syphoN

monkey island 4 problems

Post by syphoN »

i need help.. i bought monkey island 4 a couple of years ago and i played it for a while then forgot about it..
but now with windows xp installed i can`t get the install to work.. i get the first menu and when i press the install button it wont install...
i have the same problem with Grim Fandango..
you must be thinking : why dont you use scummVM for it.. well... cause scumm doesent fint the monkey island 4 game...
can somebody help me so i can play this game??
=)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: monkey island 4 problems

Post by eriktorbjorn »

syphoN wrote:i need help.. i bought monkey island 4 a couple of years ago and i played it for a while then forgot about it..
but now with windows xp installed i can`t get the install to work.. i get the first menu and when i press the install button it wont install...
i have the same problem with Grim Fandango..
you must be thinking : why dont you use scummVM for it.. well... cause scumm doesent fint the monkey island 4 game...
can somebody help me so i can play this game??
=)
ScummVM supports neither Escape from Monkey Island nor Grim Fandango and while it's possible that the Residual side project will one day become usable, it is currently only aimed at Grim Fandango.

Perhaps LucasArts's support page has the information you seek. But I don't use Windows, so I wouldn't know.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

in xp you must run both games in compatibility mode, set for windows 98, or else they often wont install in the first place. To do this open my computer and right click on the icon for your mi4 cd, and go to properties. then click on the compatibility tab at the top of the window, check the bubble that says use compatibility mode for, and select windows 98 from the drag down menu. then try to install. if it still doesnt work try the other compatibility modes(win 95, nt)
also you might want to install service pack 2 for windows xp from microsofts site, if you dont already have it.

this should get you playing,

enjoy
pi

Post by pi »

Additionally, this has already been discussed here. Please always try the search first.

pi~