Transfering save games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pimlottc

Transfering save games

Post by pimlottc »

I'm trying to transfer my save games from the Wii port to the iPhone port. I found information on where saves go on the iPhone but I can't find the Wii save games anywhere on my SD card.

Where are they located? Are they saved in some native Wii block format, instead of like normal files? If so, is it possible to convert them back? Thanks.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

It works the same way as any of the other versions of ScummVM I've used. (Windows, Linux, NDS)
That is on the Scummvm menu look under options/paths and then you can point the menu towards a folder.
For the Wii I have the executable (I can't remember if it's a .dol or .elf these days) in a folder called 'Scummvm' which itself is in the 'apps' folder which is at the root of the SD card.
Then I have a folder, also called 'Scummvm', on the root of the SD card in which I have 2 folders. One is 'games' and the other is 'saves'. This is the folder I point the menu towards.

However I can't remember what happens if you don't specify a saves folder on the Wii, and then make a save but I do know what happens if you do it with the NDS version. It sticks the save at the root of whatever flash card you use. Maybe the Wii version does the same.

By the way that method I explained in the first part. I believe if you do it that way then all saves will be saved in the 'saves' folder. However you can 'add game', or choose a game that's already been added, and then select 'edit game' and go to the 'Paths' tab and select a different folder for saves if you want saves from a particular game(s) to be saved elsewhere.

Lastly I believe saves from any platform can be used on any other platform although I don't have much experience of it myself.
ianholt60

Post by ianholt60 »

Hi all
Hey red breast thanks a lot for sharing this useful information with us.