Question on latest arm version and Humongus (kids) titles

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

belboz

Question on latest arm version and Humongus (kids) titles

Post by belboz »

I was trying the latest arm version on my Palm T|X.

I have frontend and skin.pdb loaded into memory through the hotsync manager.

I have the engines in

/Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Mods

Games in the below (each in their own directory)

/Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Games

I have two games I have tried so far. Fatty Bears Birthday surprise and Putt Putt Goes to the Moon

I believe I have settings correct for the GUI to launch them.

Fatty bear just resets the T|X. It looks like it is loading it, but then resets the Palm completely.

The Putt Putt title loads and the title screens and open logo look good, but putt putt comes onto the screen as a bunch of broken up vertical lines (not even discernible ). And the game crashes and resets the Palm.

We are going to be traveling and I wanted to load a couple Humongus titles for my daughter.

These are the only two humongus titles I have tried currently, we own most of them, and they work fine in scummvm on the PC.

Any thoughts? I looked through the palm area here, but didn't see any real mention of people trying these titles on the palm version of scummvm
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Judging by the ScummVM source code, the PalmOS port only includes support for 3DO and DOS versions of:
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack

Are you trying to use the Windows versions? usually the CDs include the DOS, Macintosh and Windows versions of a game.
belboz

Post by belboz »

I will check. I thought Fatty Bear was DOS only since it is quite old.

Putt putt goes to the moon might be a windows version. I will check when I get a chance.

Thanks for the info.