Broken Sword 1 bad colors ingame

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vlastik80

Broken Sword 1 bad colors ingame

Post by vlastik80 »

Hi,

i have a little problem with game Broken Sword 1 on my PSP 3000. Colors are not good i think. I make a photo:

I have ScummVM 1.0.0.0.rc1.

Thanks for all ideas and tips.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Something regarding the cutscenes maybe?!

Did you try downloading the DXA compressed cutscenes from the download page?

http://scummvm.org/downloads/
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jinx1337 wrote:Something regarding the cutscenes maybe?!

Did you try downloading the DXA compressed cutscenes from the download page?
Seems unlikely to me. That screenshot isn't from one of those cutscenes.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Do you have a saved game you can restore to see this problem right away? If so, can you try it also on a different platform (Windows, Linux, OSX) to see if it still happens there?
vlastik80

Post by vlastik80 »

I try to download DXA pack and move that files to PSP, but no changes... Still the same. :(
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

As others mentioned, DXA won't help since this isn't a video. If you have a saved game with this situation, that would really help. I suggest:

1. Make sure you have a saved game.
2. Test the same save file in a desktop environment -- whichever one you use, be it Windows/Linux/whatever. If the bug happens there as well, it's an engine bug, if it doesn't, it's a PSP bug.
3. Post a bug in the bug tracker according to whichever bug it happens to be. It's more likely to be just a PSP bug since I think Broken Sword I was tested on the desktop platforms, but you never know. Attach your save so we can see the problem ourselves.
Morden

Post by Morden »

Which version of Broken Sword are you using? I'm not sure if the PSP version of ScummVM is capable of running the PlayStation Broken Sword, but if you're using that instead of the Windows version, maybe that's what is causing the problem?

It's just a guess, though. I haven't tested any version of Broken Sword on a PSP yet, and I have a slim, so I'm not me testing the game would be of any help, since you're getting the problem on a 3000.
vlastik80

Post by vlastik80 »

On PC ScummVM is all ok, without color bugs. So, here is my savegame:

SAVED GAME

Thanks for all.

EDIT: Yes, Im using a PC game version.
Morden

Post by Morden »

Ok, so what exactly do you do from the save point on, to achieve the glitch? I tested your save file, and the only things that didn't show right were the knitting lady and the doorway.

The glitch generates some random results and knitting lady's clothes are coloured wrong. The first time I loaded the save, she was wearing all white, later, after I went in and out of the building, she was wearing all black, and when I loaded the save once more, she was yellowy brown.

Image Image

To test this, I was using the 1.0.0.0.rc1 version of ScummVM, but it's important to note I used the PlayStation version of Broken Sword.

There is definitely something wrong here, so you might want to describe the glitch in detail [what actions are needed for it to appear, what locations, what to look for, etc.] and submit a bug report.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

I think I *may* have fixed the problem.

Please download this file and see if the problem recurs.
Note that the file is much later than 1.0.0rc1, so you need to copy the /plugin directory and the /kbd directory (my little experiment) and all their contents into the scummvm directory.

Let me know if it helps.

http://rapidshare.com/files/293695697/p ... m.zip.html

(Rapidshare says this file can only be downloaded 10 times, so I'd like only the OP and Morden to download it so I don't have to upload it again)
vlastik80

Post by vlastik80 »

All works! My big thanks! :)
Morden

Post by Morden »

Since it works for vlastik80, I'm sure it will work for me as well. I have downloaded the package, and uploaded it to two mirror sites. The links will be up for 30 days I think. I also re-packed it with 7zip.

I'll test this build in a couple of hours when I get home, and I'll get back to you guys. By the way, what's been changed in this version except for the Broken Sword issue?

- > Mirror @ Speedy Share
- > Mirror @ Easy Share
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

This package uses plugins, which won't make a big difference to the end user except that we can have every engine enabled on the Phat without running out of memory. It will also allow adding other things which will take up memory.

It also incorporates what I'm currently working on, an incomplete-but-still-working version of the Danzeff keyboard, which I think is the best available onscreen keyboard for the PSP.

Glad to hear it works. Thanks for posting about this and please, feel free to test more games. The more games we get tested the better.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Did I ever tell you how awesome you are Bluddy?
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Thanks :) I'm currently fighting a really nasty bug that's been on the psp ever since I started working on it but only rears its head once in a while. Users won't notice it, but it drives us developers nuts. Once I'm done with that I'll hopefully get back to the keyboard patch.