ScummVM working, and the next day not anymore...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bf69

ScummVM working, and the next day not anymore...

Post by bf69 »

Hi all,

Yesterday I took the plunge and installed Homebrew channel with the bannerbomb-method. I could then run scummvm 1.0.0rc1 from my shiny new SD-card. I played Monkey Island 2 for some time and saved my game. Then I exited as it should, and powered off the Wii.

Today I want to start it up again, and go into ScummVM through the Homebrew channel. I suddenly get a black and green screen, and not the nice brown look I got yesterday. Monkey Island 2 is also not in the games-list, and there are no saved games available... When I want to add a game, I do not get any directory listing whatsoever.

Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?

For illustration I googled two images of how ScummVM looked like yesterday end how it looks today:

Yesterday
Today
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

It's most likely an issue with your card. Do you have a spare card to test with?
bf69

Post by bf69 »

I'll have a look with another card. Are certain files unreadible or something? Because ScummVM does load, and the entry in HBC does disappear when I remove the card...
bf69

Post by bf69 »

Just wanted to reply that the problem has indeed been solved with another SD-card. I tried it for a couple of days now, and it seems to keep working this time!

Thanks Mr_Nick666!
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

No problem. I had a similar issue in the past. Good to know you're up and scumming! :P