error monkey island 1 (htc magic - android phone)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

colourful

error monkey island 1 (htc magic - android phone)

Post by colourful »

Hi,
I didn't find a android-port so if the thread is in the wrong forum please put it in the right one.

Now my problem, I've got scummvm on my android-phone from the android-market and with Day of the Tentacle it worked perfekt. Now I wanted to play monkey island 1 and first it seems that it also work. Till I want to pass the archway or the gate at the right side of the Scumm Bar. The screen turns black and after a few seconds scumm says "Error ... then some numbers. .. cannot read rescource". What can I do to get the game running?

Thx René
Last edited by colourful on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: error monkey island 1 (htc magic - android phone)

Post by eriktorbjorn »

colourful wrote:Till I want to pass the archway or the gate at the right side of the Scumm Bar. The screen turns black and after a few seconds scumm says "Error ... then some numbers. .. cannot read recource". What can I do to get the game running?
I don't know about the Android version, but when that kind of error happens with the desktop version of ScummVM it often turns out to be the data files that are corrupt for whatever reason.
colourful

Post by colourful »

Thanks for your quick answer.

I think the android-version is just like the desktop-version only with a touchscreen modification and a little bug : -) because in monkey island 2 I can't type the copy-protection in. Scumm didn't start the keyboard at that screen : -(

But back to topic...

So I should transfer the data againt and hope that it will work?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

colourful wrote: So I should transfer the data againt and hope that it will work?
That's the first thing I would try. If it still doesn't work, I would try the same data files with the desktop version of ScummVM. If that showed the same error, I'd try re-copying them from the original CD.