Performance (some lagging issues) Monkey Island 3

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Xephrey

Performance (some lagging issues) Monkey Island 3

Post by Xephrey »

Hello!

I have an iPhone 3G 8 Gig running jailbroken on 3.0 firmware. I am using the latest version of the iPhone port of ScummVM and just SSHed all the contents of Monkey Island 3 into a new 'Curse of Monkey Island' folder in the Documents folder. After watching this video on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHQA6Ef ... re=related I saw that my performance could actually be improved - while the performance isn't flawless in this video, its pretty close and much more playable than how it runs on mine (sounds and events synced well). I've tried messing around with the GFX settings and turning off Bluetooth, SSH permission, Wifi, turned on Airplane mode, etc etc... But it remained the same frame rate. Does running SBSettings take any significant chunk of processor time out?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

The guy in the video uses an older version of ScummVM on iPhone which used a different ('unofficial', but generally faster) method of drawing to the screen.
It's likely possible to optimize the current rendering a bit to get better / similar performance, though at the moment your only choice of getting "extra" performance is using that older version (or getting a 3GS).