Problems with CD audio

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Graxer I think you might do the same thing that I do.
When CDDA is used in games you name the first 9 tracks from track01 through to track09.
I've always found that file managers cope with this method better. Also it just works better when importing playlists into music players etc.

To cut it short :
I've just renamed the first 9 tracks from track1 through to track9 and it works. I noticed by reading the console that all the first 9 tracks weren't playing.

From what I recall this has never been a problem for ScummVM on other platforms.
Agentq - It might be an idea to have it so that the first 9 tracks can be titled with a zero or without. Hope you don't mind me suggesting it. If I had any idea how to do it I'd volunteer myself.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Red_Breast wrote:Graxer I think you might do the same thing that I do.
When CDDA is used in games you name the first 9 tracks from track01 through to track09.
I've always found that file managers cope with this method better. Also it just works better when importing playlists into music players etc.

To cut it short :
I've just renamed the first 9 tracks from track1 through to track9 and it works. I noticed by reading the console that all the first 9 tracks weren't playing.

From what I recall this has never been a problem for ScummVM on other platforms.
Agentq - It might be an idea to have it so that the first 9 tracks can be titled with a zero or without. Hope you don't mind me suggesting it. If I had any idea how to do it I'd volunteer myself.
Thanks! As you said I renamed all tracks from track01 to track09 to track1 to track9. It now works perfectly! :D

I didn't expect it to be anything like that since the mp3s I use for windows have the same names. Maybe this should be changed to be more like the other platforms and accept both.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I didn't realise this. I'll make it check for track01.wav as well as track1.wav. Thanks.