need some help....

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

phorbin

need some help....

Post by phorbin »

I have done scummVM before on the Wii before with Day of the Tentacle. (I still have my 3.5" floppy version) But now I see I can play full throttle?! I loved that game and still have my CD. So what do I need to do? Rip it and re-encode the sound files? Please give me the heads up.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

You don't have to reencode anything. Copy the required datafiles(read the documentation) to a folder on your HD, direct ScummvM to said folder and press 'Start'.
phorbin

Post by phorbin »

I am talking about playing Full Throttle on my Wii using scummVM
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

phorbin wrote:I am talking about playing Full Throttle on my Wii using scummVM
As Jonatan said, all you need to do is manually copy the required datafiles (listed here http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... l_Throttle) from the CD and put them together in a folder on your USB Stick or SD Card. (whichever you used with your Wii for Day of the Tentacle)

So you dont need to rip it or do any re-encoding, just act as if the CD were a floppy disc and manually copy the required files off it and put them into a folder.

To simplify, (assuming you have the PC version) the CD will have these files somewhere on it:

* FT.LA0
* FT.LA1
* MONSTER.SOU
* a folder called DATA
* a folder called VIDEO

Using "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" copy them over to a folder called "Full Throttle" on the USB stick or SD card you are using on your Wii. After they have copied delete these files from the new "DATA" folder:
o BENBIKE.NUT
o CHASEBEN.SAN
o ROADRASH.NUT
o ROADRSH2.NUT

And these ones from the new VIDEO folder:
o BIKESWAR.SAN
o BLINK.SAN
o BLINK2.SAN
o BLINK3.SAN
o CATCHUP.SAN
o CRUSHDOG.SAN
o CVRAMP.SAN
o DEMOGOGG.TRS
o DRIVEBY.SAN
o FI.TRS
o FI_14.SAN
o HI_SIGN.SAN
o LIMOBY.SAN
o LIMOROAR.SAN
o MIRANDA.TRS
o PLNCRSH.SAN
o POLEEXIT.TRS
o REACHHER.SAN
o RESTSTOP.TRS
o RIPFELL.TRS
o SHOWDOWN.TRS
o TINYTRUC.SAN

After that, put your USB stick/SD Card back into your Wii, run ScummVM, select "add game", go to the "Full Throttle" folder you created containing all the datafiles, click "choose", then click "OK". You will now have Full Throttle on your Wii!
Last edited by Graxer on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phorbin

Post by phorbin »

Ohh sounds easy enough. I'll give it a try. So scumm can read USB thumb drives I put into the Wii? Things have come quite a way since I first tried this.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

phorbin wrote:Ohh sounds easy enough. I'll give it a try. So scumm can read USB thumb drives I put into the Wii? Things have come quite a way since I first tried this.
Yes, you can use either an SD card or USB stick now. (Just as long as your Wii version of ScummVM is up to date enough to have USB support)

Good luck! Tell me how you get on!
phorbin

Post by phorbin »

NICE!

It's working in all it's glory.

Thanks all!