ScummVM DS 1.0.0 RC1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM DS 1.0.0 RC1

Post by agentq »

ScummVM 1.0.0 RC1 released for testing!

Please test this new beta version of ScummVM, and post your results here.
It would be good to know which games you have tested.

This will soon become the new stable version on the main ScummVM downloads page, so it's important to know of any bugs!

Please include which card reader you're using and the language your game
is running in.

Download here:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummv ... rc1-ds.zip

ScummVM DS 1.0.0 RC1

- Fixed crash when returning to launcher from AGI games

ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta1

- Gamma correction feature to make games more visible on the original DS
- Assorted bug fixes

Supported Games

Build A:
Manic Mansion
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
Passport to Adventure
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Bear Stormin' (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (DOS version only)

Build B:
Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Build C:
Simon the Sorcerer 1/2
Elvira 1/2
Waxworks (Amiga version only)

Build D:
Sierra AGI games
Gobliiins 1 - 3
Bargon Attack
Ween: The Prophecy
Future Wars
Lost in Time

Build E:
Inherit the Earth

Build F:
Kyrandia 1

Build G:
Lure of the Temptress

Build H:
Nippon Safes
Last edited by agentq on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InnocentBystander

AGI switching works!

Post by InnocentBystander »

However, and this is a very odd "however," after I do it a couple times, the AGI engine starts running significantly faster than it did, somewhere around 25-50% faster. The "normal" walking speed of the characters is somewhere around where "fast" would be normally.

And it seems to get incrementally a bit faster with every reload up to a certain point. After quitting and reloading about a dozen times, I had the games running about 3x speed. Which was pretty cool, but certainly unintended behavior.

And I'm using the same Lite + AK2 + 3in1 + Akaio combo I've had. The effect occurred on all of the AGI games I tried - KQ1-3, SQ1-2, PQ1, LSL1, and Black Cauldron. Also, just for grins I pulled out an old TTDS I have lying around, and got the same behavior.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I've discovered that bringing up the options bar at the top of the screen in Gobliins 2 freezes the game. It's needed to save the game and more.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hmm. I'll take a look at the Goblins 2 crash and the AGI speed problems when I next work on ScummVM. Should be sometime in the next week or so.
InnocentBystander

Oh yeah

One detail I just realized I forgot to mention that might help pin the problem down: the sound does NOT speed up. Only the graphics.

Also, having the RAM pack in or out doesn't make a difference to the behavior.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

@Graxer: I just tried Gobliins 2, and found no problem with the options bar at the top of the screen. I could save and load without a crash.

Can you add the copy of your game from your SD card on the PC version of ScummVM and save/load without a crash?

Does this happen everywhere that you use the menu? Even at the start of the game? Which version of the game are you playing? Mine is detected as 'gob2-gb' in the launcher.

@InnocentBystander: I have found the AGI speed up bug in the RC1, but someone else has fixed it, because it doesn't occur on the latest code. Great, no work for me!
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

agentq wrote:@Graxer: I just tried Gobliins 2, and found no problem with the options bar at the top of the screen. I could save and load without a crash.

Can you add the copy of your game from your SD card on the PC version of ScummVM and save/load without a crash?

Does this happen everywhere that you use the menu? Even at the start of the game? Which version of the game are you playing? Mine is detected as 'gob2-gb' in the launcher.
No, it doesn't crash when playing it from my DS's microSD card on my PC.

It happens every time I try to bring down the menu, yes. (It happened to me every time at the start of the game) Mine is detected as gob2cd. It is the 1.02 DOS English version.

I hope this helps.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Still no Return to Zork support? :(
Luminious

Post by Luminious »

Hello

Would the old Hero's Quest 1(not the quest for glory 1 remake) be considered a Sierra AGI game?

Screenshot:

Just curious, thanks for your time.

~Lumi
Buddha
ScummVM Developer

Post by Buddha »

Luminious wrote: Would the old Hero's Quest 1(not the quest for glory 1 remake) be considered a Sierra AGI game?
No. It's an SCI game.

SCI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra%27s ... nterpreter
AGI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Game_Interpreter
MusicallyInspired

That SCI wiki isn't accurate. For instance, QFG2 isn't an SCI1 game but rather a SCI01 game (along with KQ1SCI, which is also incorrectly labled as an SCI0 game).
Buddha
ScummVM Developer

Post by Buddha »

MusicallyInspired wrote:That SCI wiki isn't accurate. For instance, QFG2 isn't an SCI1 game but rather a SCI01 game (along with KQ1SCI, which is also incorrectly labled as an SCI0 game).
Improving the article would be a nice thing overally. It would benefit the Wikipedia and everyone reading it. At least it correctly knew that Hero's Quest 1 isn't AGI ;)
MusicallyInspired

Yeah, I've considered it. I just never have the time to spend on things like that.
Luminious

Post by Luminious »

Thank you both for your replies. Would you say that perhaps some day in the future there may be SCI support? or is that not possible. Last question on this subject, promise. Thank you again for your time.

~ Lumi
InnocentBystander

I must confess, I too am curious about the possibility of getting SCI games to work on the DS. At the very least, I see little reason the earlier SCI0 & 1 games wouldn't work. I'd imagine getting the later VGA\icon ones working would be more involved.