scummVM on Android - how to map a key?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Zandrael

scummVM on Android - how to map a key?

Post by Zandrael »

Hello,

thx for this great program!!!
i love to play such old games like dot, mi2, loom or ij-foa.
But now, i´ve found my old bought copy of Mi3 and i got it run, BUT without a rightclick(inventory) i cannot escape the first room or play overall.

At my HTC Magic by default, there is no rightclick mapped (or i havent found it yet). How to map some keys @ my magic?

i´ve read in some other threads, that mapping menu comes up automaticly, when i start the game for the first time, but at my handset, it dosent.

thx for any advise, you can provide. :-)

Zandi
Zandrael

Post by Zandrael »

hi guys,

oh man, i´ve searched for the info, how to do a rightclick on android/htc magic without an camera button for more than a hour and now when i have finaly gaveup and post my questions here, i got the info. Image

to be found here:

http://sites.google.com/site/scummvmand ... -controls-
•Pressing/moving your finger around on the screen is equivalent to clicking/dragging with the left mouse button.
•The trackball works like a … trackball.
Hold down the camera or search buttons while pressing screen or trackball to get a right mouse click.
•The "Back" button is Escape.
•The "Menu" button opens the ScummVM menu.
•Shift+number gives F1-F10 (shift+0 is F10). At the moment there is no way to get F11-F12.
•Keys on the flipout keyboard act as normal for ScummVM. See the ScummVM README for current keyboard hot keys. In particular, '.' skips to the next line of dialogue.
•Game volume can be controlled via the normal Android volume buttons or using in-game controls.
€dit:

ok, my first question isnt answered still, but the intension for this question was coming from the rightclick-Problem.
lazarev

Post by lazarev »

This question is still actual for me. I've got an Archos 70b ereader Android-based device which is quite capable of running Scummvm. But since it doesn't have Camera or Search anywhere, I can't use the right button action in games.

In fact, the only hardware buttons that this device has are DPAD UP and DPAD DOWN. It would be nice to map right click to tap+one of them.

I tried to change the key mapping for the device itself, but this needs to be done under root, and rooting proved to be quite hard if not impossible for this ebook.
wakanabi

Post by wakanabi »

Almost all the new smart phones have a "search" button. the little magnifying glass, along with the back, home, and menu buttons. Worked for me
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

wakanabi wrote:Almost all the new smart phones have a "search" button. the little magnifying glass, along with the back, home, and menu buttons. Worked for me
Yeah, I have a search button on my phone, the Moto Triumph. However, they're the touch-sensative buttons that are basically part of the screen.

And the problem is, when you press one of the buttons, it "disables" any input on the screen and vice-versa. So you can't hold the button and tap the screen at the same time.

It'd be nice if there was a way to make the search button right click without having to tap the screen. Or some other way.

Edit:

Nevermind, I wasn't on the current version (1.3.0). The 1.3 version has the proper controls for what I'm trying to do.
lazarev

Post by lazarev »

wakanabi wrote:Almost all the new smart phones have a "search" button.
Archos 70b ereader doesn't. That's why it would be nice if I could configure the key mappings.
arana

Post by arana »

theres now a one-click solution for rooting your archos 70b
Clerk Kent

Post by Clerk Kent »

I play MI3 on a Toshiba Thrive. I messed around with it and found that for me, tapping once and holding for half a second, then releasing opens up the inventory screen. Hope that helps.
messyhead

Post by messyhead »

I'm having trouble with keymapping on BASS. I need to access the game speed menu, which is usually F5.

Using shift+5 doesn't work, as indicated in the guide posted above.

Is there another way to this? I'm stuck at a point in the game that I can't get by until I can do this.
robboten

Post by robboten »

try installing the sdl version instead. It supports on-screen buttons that you can setup as you like.

http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7