P910i Screen Problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

radioimp

P910i Screen Problem

Post by radioimp »

Hi.
Just installed the latest version of ScummVM (0.8.1), and am experiencing a problem with the screen.
When the program is started, the screen appears to be 'displaced' downwards by about 10 pixels, so the mouse cursor appears below where the pointer is. The bottom of the screen then wraps round onto the top, so if i move the stylus to the bottom of the screen, the mouse cursor appears at the top.

Is this a problem with my phone, or a bug in the software?
Thanks.

TomW
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Your phone must have a different HAL machine id so its not detected as a P910. And since this is used to find the address of the screen (and its offset) it might be causing problems. This is not located within scummvm, but in the sdl backend I am using.
radioimp

Post by radioimp »

Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

Is there anything I can do to sort it on my phone? Or help in the bug fixing?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. I need to rebuild SDL and release an additional release for the UIQ2 baseline. I guess that the UIQ builds at anotherguest.b0.se/cvsbuilds also have this flaw.
radioimp

Post by radioimp »

Just tried them, yes, they have the same problem.
GDT

Post by GDT »

The same problem here... I've got the P910i phone (I think it's the P910 for the european market, I'm italian). Maybe this is the reason of the different HAL id.
I hope you can put online a version fixed for us very soon!
IgniteAll

Post by IgniteAll »

Yes, this was my problem, too... I had a problem with my screen as I purchased my phone and it was changed... I hope that this is not the problem.
radioimp

Post by radioimp »

Actually, I had my screen replaced as well (it had a fatal accident with a desk. It looked pretty though...)

Could this be the cause?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well. actually its my fault. I have n't included the P910is ID in the SDL backend, and when testing with another UIQ device I replaced the default offset with 32(default for Moto A1000 device and others based on OMAP1x10). So I will build a new version for the P910 asap with it set to zero again. So dont worry, there is nothing wrong with your screens.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Please try the new version at
http://anotherguest.b0.se/cvsbuilds/ .. and tell me if it works.
Lord_Diablo

Post by Lord_Diablo »

Hello,

I have the same Screen-Problem on my P910i and it is new. No hardware has been changed yet. So I've tried the new Version posted by Anotherguest, but now i get the following error Message:

1) Unknown HAL value! 0X10200ac6

... and then when i click on continue ...

2) Program stopped
Reasoncode "KERN-EXEC"
Reasonnumber "3"

I hope that "Reasoncode" and "Reasonnumber" is right, becouse i don't know a better translation from german to english for that.

BUT:
With this version I can see that the lower Character bar (during the error messages is on screen) is in the position where it should be.

MfG
Tobias
doubled

Post by doubled »

Lord_Diablo wrote:Hello,

I have the same Screen-Problem on my P910i and it is new. No hardware has been changed yet. So I've tried the new Version posted by Anotherguest, but now i get the following error Message:

1) Unknown HAL value! 0X10200ac6

... and then when i click on continue ...

2) Program stopped
Reasoncode "KERN-EXEC"
Reasonnumber "3"

I hope that "Reasoncode" and "Reasonnumber" is right, becouse i don't know a better translation from german to english for that.

BUT:
With this version I can see that the lower Character bar (during the error messages is on screen) is in the position where it should be.

MfG
Tobias

I have exact the same problem. Theres an "offset" with the "standard" escummvm and the error message with the one from the link above.
It's on a "german" P910i, too.
It would be great, if you can fix this.

Edit: Now I waited approx. 15min without clicking on "continue" at the first error message.... I don't know why, but it seems to work now. But its not the best, if you have to wait 15 min every time if you want to play a game ;)

cu
Dirk
radioimp

Post by radioimp »

Yep, I get the same error message as those above with the new build.
Thanks for trying to sort it out :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm dont know why it is crashing.. But a new 0.8.2 version will be released soon which hopefully will work. I have tested to start this on a P910 my self and it worked.
Lord_Diablo

Post by Lord_Diablo »

Hi There,

Thanks for the Information. I've tested the 0.8.2 UIQ Version on my (german) P910i an it works too. No problems found yet :)

MfG
Tobias