Hook

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Looks like the main dev (Bobby Earl) has the source...
Do you still have the source code for your Amiga games?

I have the source code for Hook but not the others (Hard drive failure!), Hook is still stored away on floppy disk. :)
Also an interesting read :-)
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Any updates on the status of Hook?
filipetolhuizen

Post by filipetolhuizen »

The main dev's got the source code? That's very exciting news!
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Not really exciting seeing as that was 3 years ago and there's been no further update 😥
filipetolhuizen

I guess it would not be so simple to support it, since the .exe file is the only data found in the game's folder, at least on the DOS version.
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

filipetolhuizen wrote:I guess it would not be so simple to support it, since the .exe file is the only data found in the game's folder, at least on the DOS version.
Not only that, but the exe file self-modifies (for saving settings).
filipetolhuizen

carlo_bramini

Post by carlo_bramini »

I have this game...
Nowhere Girl

Re: Hook

Post by Nowhere Girl »

I'm trying to play this game in the DOS version. If anyone knows: please, tell me how to actually start the game! I run the game, the intro starts, then the credits... and then it's back to the intro! I can't start proper gameplay! I just don't know what key to press - enter and space don't work, escape exits the game...
By the way, Ocean Software also made the platformer "Elf" - and I really liked the music and graphics and always felt sour that I can't get far into the game - but when replaying it some years ago, I didn't even remember how to start it. Ocean Software must have had a tendency to some strange choice of game controls...
Edit: I pressed J and it went to some joystick calibration. But I obviously don't have a joystick. And, anyway, joystick + PC = bad combination. When I was some 8 years old, I played a friend's Atari and the joystick was fine. A few years later I had a PC at home, I asked my father to buy me a joystick... and I was shocked at how different it was. Even blowing on that joystick would have moved the cursor! It was pretty much an effectively unplayable device.