Creative Zii with Android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

yjd

Creative Zii with Android

Post by yjd »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum though I use ScummVM regularly.

I have seen the {url=http://www.zii.com/Developer/Landing.aspx}Creative Zii{/url}, it seems to be an incredible portable device like the iPodTouch but running Android and with a faster ARM CPU.

The product isn't out yet but looks promising and my be my Christmas gift.

I was wondering if any port was already plan on Android + ARM? I guess if yes, then it should work on that device too.

Like I said, I am new here so let me know if that questions has already been answered before and if possible give me a link or something else to find the information.

Thank you very much![/url]
gus
ScummVM Porter

Re: Creative Zii with Android

Post by gus »

yjd wrote:I was wondering if any port was already plan on Android + ARM? I guess if yes, then it should work on that device too.
Yes I have an unofficial(*) ScummVM port on the Android market (built for ARM). Assuming it's the same ARM ABI that's in the various released Android handsets then it should work fine. Most of the problems for new devices so far have come down to changes in device input options, which are only minor annoyances to fix.

(*) I do intend to have the Android port merged into ScummVM proper. So far the makefile hacks required to work with Android's peculiar toolchain have been too intrusive.