ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Android Port > Creative Zii with Android
Creative Zii with Android
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
yjd

Creative Zii with Android 

Hi,

I'm new to the forum though I use ScummVM regularly.

I have seen the {url=http://www.zii.com/Developer/Landing.aspx}Creative Zii{/url}, it seems to be an incredible portable device like the iPodTouch but running Android and with a faster ARM CPU.

The product isn't out yet but looks promising and my be my Christmas gift.

I was wondering if any port was already plan on Android + ARM? I guess if yes, then it should work on that device too.

Like I said, I am new here so let me know if that questions has already been answered before and if possible give me a link or something else to find the information.

Thank you very much![/url]

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:41 pm 
gus
ScummVM Porter

Re: Creative Zii with Android 

quote:
Originally posted by yjd
I was wondering if any port was already plan on Android + ARM? I guess if yes, then it should work on that device too.

Yes I have an unofficial(*) ScummVM port on the Android market (built for ARM). Assuming it's the same ARM ABI that's in the various released Android handsets then it should work fine. Most of the problems for new devices so far have come down to changes in device input options, which are only minor annoyances to fix.

(*) I do intend to have the Android port merged into ScummVM proper. So far the makefile hacks required to work with Android's peculiar toolchain have been too intrusive.
Post Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 am 
Reply to topic