[Mac OSX] Problem with hotkeys

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarthKaal

[Mac OSX] Problem with hotkeys

Post by DarthKaal »

Hi there! I've never took the time to thank all the ScummVM team for the wonderful job that has been made. Thank you so much, I'm using it since a long time now and it's always a pleasure when I want to replay old LucasArts games. ;)

So, I've just finished Full Throttle and Fate of Atlantis, and I've noticed that some hotkeys were not functionning. I don't know if those key doesn't work at all with these two titles, but here it is:

(.) period to skip current line of dialogue. As I'm on a french keyboard, I've tried many things (pressing the key, pressing it with shift, pressing other keys, change keyboard to american...) but nothing.

"alt + F5" I'd really like to see the original load/save menus. Not that I really want to use it to make saves, but just for nostalgia. And it doesn't work either, it just does nothing.

Anyway, thanks again for this marvelous application ;)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: [Mac OSX] Problem with hotkeys

Post by eriktorbjorn »

DarthKaal wrote: "alt + F5" I'd really like to see the original load/save menus. Not that I really want to use it to make saves, but just for nostalgia. And it doesn't work either, it just does nothing.
That only works for a few of the games, where the save/load dialog was scripted, not hard-coded. (I think.) The ones I know about are Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom (EGA version) and The Curse of Monkey Island.
DarthKaal

Post by DarthKaal »

Thanks for the answer. ;)

Concerning the "." to skip dialog line, is it the same reason why it doesn't work with Full Throttle, FOA and The Dig?
willowisp

Post by willowisp »

Hi,

The same problem is occuring on every Lucas game, at least all those I have tried so far (Dig, Dott, Loom, Monkey Island, ...)
Hitting the '.' key does not skip the current line of dialog.
I'm also using a french keyboard, but setting it to american doesn't help.

This only occurs on the OS X port, I haven't seen that problem on the Win version.

Anyways, thanks to all ScummVM contributors for their efforts :)