The Curse of the Debugging Console

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ayjona

The Curse of the Debugging Console

Post by Ayjona »

After a long and bloody battle between me and my iPod Touch, I've finally managed to have ScummVM recognize the Curse of Monkey Island folder, and add the game to the list of games. However, when I start the game in ScummVM, the console pops up, sporting very small text that reads:
Console is ready.
Debugger started, type "exit" to return to the game.
Type "help" to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR!CB7:29:0x244J: Bundle[text unreadable] Can't open bundle file [text unreadable]disk1.bun
I'm not sure about the text from the console, since it is too small for me to read clearly, but it goes something along the above lines.

Does anyone have an idea what has gone wrong, and what I could do to correct it?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Curse of the Debugging Console

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ayjona wrote: Does anyone have an idea what has gone wrong, and what I could do to correct it?
I don't know about the iPhone version but if this was the standard desktop version of ScummVM, I'd guess you forgot to copy the files from the resource folders on the CDs. Particularly the musdisk1.bun and/or voxdisk1.bun files, which contain the music and speech for the first half of the game.
Ayjona

Re: The Curse of the Debugging Console

Post by Ayjona »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Ayjona wrote: Does anyone have an idea what has gone wrong, and what I could do to correct it?
I don't know about the iPhone version but if this was the standard desktop version of ScummVM, I'd guess you forgot to copy the files from the resource folders on the CDs. Particularly the musdisk1.bun and/or voxdisk1.bun files, which contain the music and speech for the first half of the game.
Files all present, m'afraid.
bulli

Post by bulli »

Same problem. Solution was to rename dir "Resource" to "resource"...