iPhone 3G S, Voice Control - ScummVM Quit

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Shuntis

iPhone 3G S, Voice Control - ScummVM Quit

Post by Shuntis »

Hi,

I have installed ScummVM and it works pretty well, nice work :) However, other than the suspend/resume problem in 3.0, I have another problem... To quit ScummVM you're supposed to hold down the Home button for 5-6 seconds... unfortunately, Voice Control kicks in before this happens and interrupts so I can't quit, I have to kill the process in SBSettings :)

I didn't see any other threads that mention this so thought I had better do :)
Shake3000

Post by Shake3000 »

I just make use of the resume bug: tap home to suspend, tap scummvm, it crashes. Done :) Make sure to save first heh...
Shuntis

Post by Shuntis »

Shake3000 wrote:I just make use of the resume bug: tap home to suspend, tap scummvm, it crashes. Done :) Make sure to save first heh...
lol, I'll keep that in mind :)
edken

alternate quit method

Post by edken »

Im not sure if this will work as i haven't Jail broke my iphone, but since the advent of voice control in 3.0 I haven't been able to force quit my holding the home button for any apps, I found a new way of doing it though.

1/ hold the on/off button at the top until you see the slider to power off your handset.

2/ let go of power button

3/ hold down home button for 5-6 seconds and the app will force quit.

As i say, I'm not sure if this will work, but Im assuming it will do the trick.
Shuntis

Post by Shuntis »

Hi, thanks for that... I had just learned about how the force quit had changed since 3.0 before reading your reply :) Bit annoying really as it hasn't been made obvious that it has changed.
kamanthy
Spammer

Post by kamanthy »

What is the Best Way to Jailbreak an iPhone 3G So I Can Use it For T-Mobile? And once I jailbreak it, is there anything else I should know about using a jailbroken iPhone 3G? And you can download apps from the iTunes Store to it right?

[MOD EDIT: removed spam links]
Last edited by kamanthy on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ricksauer

Post by ricksauer »

Yep, you sure can.

App store/iTunes is run independant and allows updates etc as per normal.
Luther

Post by Luther »

I have the same issue, used to hold home button for 5 secs to quit ScummVM on my 3G, but on new 3GS this activates voice control. If I get back to the ScummVM menu and select quit, does this end the program?