good...but slowly and crash on resume standby

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

demons

good...but slowly and crash on resume standby

Post by demons »

wonderful, fantastic

but

the curse of monkey island is a bit slow when playing movies ... and some scenes of the game slows down ....

I can set in a video graphics lighter?

I have compressed the waw in mp3 is possible that this is to slow it down?

when I put the psp on standby and then restore the power button ... ScummVM crashes ...
I can play the scene loaded into memory ... but when ScummVM has to load the next scene crash

thanks

sorry for english :/
bloodyxsorrowx

Post by bloodyxsorrowx »

I can't answer why it's running slow. I have played COMI on my PSP and it's run perfectly, but I can answer the crashing issue. No matter the emulator, whether it be SNES, Gameboy or what, if you put the PSP on standby, it won't continue emulation. More than likely because once it's off it can't load the game anymore so it'll go back to the main menu.
nolange

Post by nolange »

The crash after resume got fixed recently, you need to use a nightly build or 1.0 when its released.

COMI is slow for me as well, using uncompressed data should be worth a try but didn't make a difference for me. To me it seems the bottleneck is the File-IO (Memstick-LED flashing heavily). Might be that the Slim-PSP plays the game faster because of additional RAM.

There`s not alot you could do, COMI just has slowdowns on the PSP for now.
Morden

Post by Morden »

bloodyxsorrowx wrote:I can't answer why it's running slow. I have played COMI on my PSP and it's run perfectly, but I can answer the crashing issue. No matter the emulator, whether it be SNES, Gameboy or what, if you put the PSP on standby, it won't continue emulation. More than likely because once it's off it can't load the game anymore so it'll go back to the main menu.
That's not entirely true. Some emulators might not be able to resume function, but some have no problems with standby. CPS-1 emulator, for example, resumes emulation just fine. I did notice that sometimes the volume level bar will be distorted after multiple standbys, but not always - So the crash after standby is not a rule.