AutoBoot of games?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Harris590

AutoBoot of games?

Post by Harris590 »

I was wondering if it were possible to have scummVM autoboot a game? I would like to make a channel for either Maniac Mansion or Maniac Mansion Enhanced and as soon as I select the channel it starts the game. Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!
dcnigma

Post by dcnigma »

Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I thought I wrote something about this before but I, in your post dcnigma, but I guess not.

I don't have an answer but at least it's some sort of reply.
To tell you the truth when I see posts about wanting to auto-boot a game I think to myself 'oh just get over it and use the menu' but you have a right to ask so forget what I think. On top of that I never use any of the homebrew that gives you a channel for each homebrew title or things like DOSBox front-ends. It's just bloatware to me but that's just the way I am.

I don't know if it's possible. There's one person I know who could answer. Dhewg who takes care of the Scummvm port. You might of seen he's name in connection with Team Twiizers as well.

He's on irc more and so maybe Hackmii or Wiibrew will list the channel that they use a lot/the most and you might catch him that way.

Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help. At least both of you won't feel you're being ignored anymore.
dcnigma

Post by dcnigma »

@Red_Breast
Thx for the info gone try to find him.
The only reason in wanted it is so i can create my own channel for the monkey island series
I like to play around whit the (Wad creation)software and make some graphic for it.
Love to see al the monkey island on my wii channels inc. the new episodes already there ;)except for MI4 (hmmm Dosbox running win98 is to wish full thinking. LOL)

Thx