Xperia : No image during cinematics

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ze Big Duck

Xperia : No image during cinematics

Post by Ze Big Duck »

Hellow,

I looked everywhere but I don't find the answer I need...

I've just installed Broken Sword 1 on my Xperia, and during the videos, I just have the sound, and a black screen...

I downloaded a pack of videos encoded with mpeg2 format and OGG sound on this forum.

Did I do something wrong ? Did I forget something ?

Thanks for answers
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Xperia : No image during cinematics

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ze Big Duck wrote: I've just installed Broken Sword 1 on my Xperia, and during the videos, I just have the sound, and a black screen...
The first ~12 seconds of the intro movie are supposed to be black. After that, the Revolution logo should appear. (It's surprising how often that has been reported as a bug.) If the screen is still black after 12 seconds, I don't know what the problem is.
Ze Big Duck wrote: I downloaded a pack of videos encoded with mpeg2 format and OGG sound on this forum.
Support for the MPEG2 movies will be dropped in the next version of ScummVM. There is a newer cutscene pack (with higher-quality movies) available from the ScummVM downloads page. (Support for that format was added in 0.10.0.) The next version should also support the original Smacker movies.
Ze Big Duck

Post by Ze Big Duck »

I had a blue screen during all the video, but it was working perfectly on my desktop computer.

So I replaced mp2 files by dxa provided in the archive, now it's working great !

Thanks for your help !