Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Tithe AD wrote:http://pix.www.idnet.com/

Build/Source - 1.1 svn - Windows 16/10/09
PSP 16/10/09

thx again
Did you try an official (unpatched) build from our download page yet?
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Ahh just tried it ...and yes it seems to work fine...im such a nub sometimes:P

Sorry:P
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

This isn't likely to be caused by my patching given that the Windows version Tithe used to test it on also had the same patches + the Discworld engine is unchanged anyway.

The problem is probably specific to SVN1.1. It's a pretty old build now and I gather some fixes have been made to the plugins code since which may have cured it. I'll have a go at replicating the bug when I get in and see if a new build fixes it.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Pix2 wrote:This isn't likely to be caused by my patching given that the Windows version Tithe used to test it on also had the same patches + the Discworld engine is unchanged anyway.

The problem is probably specific to SVN1.1. It's a pretty old build now and I gather some fixes have been made to the plugins code since which may have cured it. I'll have a go at replicating the bug when I get in and see if a new build fixes it.
I just saw your patch did change the PSP backend (IIRC it did readded the uncached write stuff, which caused some color problems in BS1 videos), so I wouldn't rule out any possibility your patches broke something, of course it might not be likely, but you can never be sure.

Anyway one can always get the latest PSP 1.1.0svn build to check from: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/t ... st.tar.bz2
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I'd never rule out my code being the cause for breaking anything. I think some of the PSP backend changes were remnants of Bluddy's original plugin patch which needed tidying up.

Whatever the cause, I got the same crash as Tithe with the old build but I've just done a new one and it's fixed.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Great. I'm always glad to find bugs that resolve themselves :)