Daily Build for PSP

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tim20

Daily Build for PSP

Post by Tim20 »

Hi

I couldn't find anything about this under Search. In fact, no results came up at all.

I was wondering if there's a recent Subversion Build of ScummVM for the PSP? I'd like to test/play Discworld whilst I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks' time.
yeah yeah

Post by yeah yeah »

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#SVN

Main Page > Downloads > SVN > PSP
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Here you go.

http://pix.www.idnet.com/

Thank Pix for that build, it does more than just supporting Discworld. It has Kyrandia music hacks and lots of enhanced game OSTs.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Thanks Jinx1337. :)

@ yeah yeah - I did download the one from the Downloads page, but unlike the Windows Build, I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do with the file or where to put it.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something, but pressing the Start button doesn't bring up the main menu like F1 would on the PC. All it brings up is the Save box.

No Load, Settings, Quit etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out. :)

For anyone else wondering, just press L1 after pressing Start.
Ephaelon

Post by Ephaelon »

Tim20 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something, but pressing the Start button doesn't bring up the main menu like F1 would on the PC. All it brings up is the Save box.

No Load, Settings, Quit etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out. :)

For anyone else wondering, just press L1 after pressing Start.
Curious: How's it run for you?
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

It runs alright. It's a bit slow in some parts though.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Try using CWCheat to pump up CPUs speed to 333/166 MHZ.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

My CPU is already pumped to maximum. :wink:
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Hi guys been real busy of late and decided to dust off the psp and crack on (again) with discworld, i had it running sweet on an earlier build albeit slow in places.Installed the 1.1 svn build and was really impressed with the speed up but...when in scene 2 when i acess L SPACE in the library ..after the cut scene the psp crashes(i have also experienced some other random crashes as i move from location to location)
Ive recently upgraded from 3.71 to 5.0m33-6 would this have anything to do with it?Or is there a particular setting i should change on the psp Phat?
Thx
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Thanks for posting this Tithe.

I suggest opening a bug report and including the savegame. The first thing that needs to be done is to test the save on a desktop 1.1 SVN build. If you have access to one, you can do that yourself -- otherwise, just post the save. I've spent way too much time debugging issues that turned out to be in the engine itself and that are much harder to debug on the PSP. Since the speedup you noticed has nothing to do with changes in the PSP code but in the engine code itself, it's more likely that the fault is there.

If it turns out that only the PSP has this issue, I'll take a look at it.

Bluddy
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Hi,i tested the save file with the windows version and it works fine.But definately crashes the psp.
Heres the save file
thx
http://rapidshare.com/files/306083810/dw.006.html
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Hey Tithe

Before I start debugging it, and since I've been quite short on spare time recently, I just want to make sure of some details: The PSP version you used - did you build it on your own from the trunk, or is it one of the versions I posted? And the Windows version -- is it built from the SVN trunk or is it just the nightly build or some other source? Please be as specific as possible about the sources of the builds you used.

Thanks,
Bluddy
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

http://pix.www.idnet.com/

Build/Source - 1.1 svn - Windows 16/10/09
PSP 16/10/09

thx again
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

OK I'll look into it. Sorry for giving you so much trouble :)