Monkey Island Save Game Problem.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mark

Monkey Island Save Game Problem.

Post by Mark »

Hi. I have an original version of MI and all is well when playing it, apart from when I want to restart a saved game. It lets me save and re-load from within an open game. However when I restart the game (from turning the pc on again). There are no saved games available to load up. Can anybody explain why this is.
Cheers in advance.
Mark.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

A wild guess would be something along the lines of you don't have write permissions to where ScummVM is trying to save the game progress, therefore the files can't be created.

Jimbob
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

it is some kind of a stupid idea, but maybe you are running a knoppix or something like that, with a boot CD? Such kind of Operating Systems booting from a CD have the writeable sections mapped to a ramdisk, which is lost after a reboot. That could explain, why after a reboot all the data has gone.

kind regards

Frank
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

frank_m24 wrote:Hello,

it is some kind of a stupid idea, but maybe you are running a knoppix or something like that, with a boot CD? Such kind of Operating Systems booting from a CD have the writeable sections mapped to a ramdisk, which is lost after a reboot. That could explain, why after a reboot all the data has gone.

kind regards

Frank
Yes, this is another possibility ... I think we need more information on where (and how) he is running ScummVM.

Jimbob