Port to Motorola z6

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

racinglocura07

Port to Motorola z6

Post by racinglocura07 »

Can somebody help me to port This Application to Motorola Z6! Thank you very much
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, what kind of help do you need? Do you know how develop for that phone? Do you have an SDK and working crosscompiler? Does an SDL port exist?
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

Thank you very much for your rapid answer, i comment...
We have a SDK working and also a crosscompiler.
WE have just port the Sdl but we can not compile the Scummvm. I think that you could help us as have experience in this kind of ports!

Thank you very much

The SDK you can find it here:

https://ezx.darktech.org/browser/trunk/arm-eabi

Thank you again
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, we can try to help, but it might be easier to get help on our mailing list scummvm-devel, or on our IRC channel #scummvm.

In the meantime, if you describe what exactly your problem is, we can try to suggest ways to overcome it.
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

look! This is my problem when a try to make the Scummvm

sound/rate_arm_asm.s: Assembler messages:
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:1: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:2: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:3: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:5: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:6: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:7: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:8: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:9: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:10: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:11: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:12: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:13: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'

This happen in every line of that archive... I do not know the solution of this
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

racinglocura07 wrote: sound/rate_arm_asm.s: Assembler messages:
sound/rate_arm_asm.s:1: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
I shouldn't respond to this thread, since I'm completely out of my depth...

What strikes me as odd abou that error is that '@' is the first character of that line. In fact, the whole line is just a comment.

Judging by the GNU Assembler documentation, different architectures use different syntax for comments. The '@' is, apparently, ARM-specific. Making a wild and unsubstantiated guess, is it at all possible that the build script was running the wrong assembler?
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

I have managed to port Scummvm but when i run it appears this:

Any idea?

Thank you very much
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Apparently you didn't manage to port it, only to compile it. :P
Now the real work begins.

But seriously, if you don't know what a Segmentation Fault is and how to debug something like that, you really shouldn't try to port a big software package.
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

Yes, you are right a have compile only, but my doubt is if anyone knows what means hide splash : -1 because perhaps that is why segmentation fault appers!

Thank you very much!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

racinglocura07 wrote:Yes, you are right a have compile only, but my doubt is if anyone knows what means hide splash : -1 because perhaps that is why segmentation fault appers!
The "hide splash" message doesn't seem to appear anywhere within the ScummVM source code, so I don't know what it is.
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

so its seems that his hasn't have a solution! :(
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

Ant-ON from motofan.ru successfully ported and run scummvm on motorola Z6
after small correction in control, port will be finished soon
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

Yes! Thank to Cepiperez and Ant-on we have ported the Scummvm to Moto Z6!!! but now we want to compile with the engines to run other games like sword1 and other, but the library that we obtained is .a and we need .dat
Do you have any idea?
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

sword1, sword2 & monkeyisland3 need 640x400 display size
it big problem for all motorola phones, a780,e680,a1200,e6,a1600,z6,v8 - 240x320 :(
but this possible with software down-scaler
down-scaler not supported in sdl-backend, but works in wince-sdl-backend
racinglocura07

Post by racinglocura07 »

but how can we make those files¿? .dat files?