Pre-AGI games freezing...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

another world

Pre-AGI games freezing...

Post by another world »

Mickey's Space Adventure (1986)
Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood (1985)

the above two games are not working on scummvmds build d. mickey freezes when the screen flashes at the very start of the intro movie. winnie freezes on the first set of navigation questions. the wiki has them both supported as scummvm v11.

i was curious if anyone has these working, perhaps it is something on my end and not support which is the problem.

if it is support, agentq - any chance of looking into this in the future?

cheers,
-another world
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I don't have these games but I got them from Al Lowe's site.
Theoretically wrong but from past experience I don't think the team mind if it's mentioned.

I have the Space Quest Collection so I made a check with sq2 to see if the AGI engine was included as build D supports other games/engines. Check. It's included.

Mickey: I got as far as being asked for the location (1-9) of the blank floppy for saving. Al Lowe's site confirms this is needed. I could use the virtual keyboard for selecting numbers but that's as far as I could get.

Winnie: I see what you mean. None of the buttons are working so I can't bring up the v.key/b. Strange that you can still move the pointer around the screen with the stylus but because you can't use the buttons you can't select between left/right/hover mouse mode.

I don't know if agentq has the games. Were they ever released in another form?
Has anyone ever compiled TrollVM for nDS? I see the site is still up and has source.
another world

Post by another world »

the only other version i'm aware of was for the atarti II, and those don't seem to be supported. i get that error that scumm can not find a game in the directory.

-another world
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I had another look at mickey.
I thought why not just select no when asked for the location of a blank floppy and use the ScummVM save state menu.
When I press the Select button up comes the menu which has an option for 'ScummVM Main Menu' bottom right.
When selected up comes the other menu which includes 'Return to Launcher'. It also has 'Load' and 'Save' but they're greyed out.
I don't know if it has auto-saving. If it does maybe the load menu would detect it and make it accessible. I ran it for over 10 minutes but there was no change.
Incidentally I think the graphics for these 2 games look just right on the nDS.