Help games doesn't work

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rugge2008

Help games doesn't work

Post by rugge2008 »

hi guys
i need a tech help. I've installed the scumv ds 0.13 patched with a generic dldi for card slot (I've a n5 and cannot find any specific file for that), and scummvb works perfectly (dldi driver initialised ok).
The problem i have is that once seceted a folder where i saved thge game scrumm cannot find any games there ( a warining appear).
Is there anyone who can hlp me? I've read that zip formati sin0t supported anymore in the scummvm 0.13.
plsss help me!!!!
:( :( :( :( thansk in advance! :wink: :wink:
rugge
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

First off zip doesn't have anything to do with it.
OK you say ScummVM can't find the game saves.
I had a look at N5 cards and it appears it's of the type which doesn't use standard flash like micro SD cards but rather it has it's own onboard flash memory.
So I don't know if you have an incomplete version or what but it should of came with an adaptor to plug into a PC so you can look at the files on the N5 card using the PC's file browser (example Windows Explorer.)

So you need the adaptor to connect the N5 to a PC and then you can try to find the saves folder to see if it, and any actual save states, exist or not.

How have you been putting stuff like ScummVM on the N5 card?
Also what is the warning that's appearing?
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

Most likely what you need is a missing patch file for one or both games (sky.cpt, queen.tbl).
rugge2008

Post by rugge2008 »

hi guys

thanks so much for your replies

Red Breast: I've the adaptor for the micro sd card, that I use everytime i want ot put files on that. Thqat's hwo i transferred the scummv and the games there. The scummvm ds program works perfectly (I gtuess so cause on the top screen appears "dldi diriver initialised ok"") but once i'm trying to add game surfing on the foldes i created (where i copied the games downloaded) a warining is appearing on thetouch screen stating that scrumm cannot find any games in the selected folder. Another strange issue is that scumm reconise my n5 as a r4 ( i don't know if this create some problem). Unfortunatelly i didn't find any specific dldi file for n5. I patched the file with a generic slot1 card file. I've tryied also to download the firmware of N5 but nothing happens, also using different version of scummv.
what's your opinion?

Masterleo : many thanks also to you! I'm not a superuser where i finde the missing file? Or Do I have to patch some files of the downloaded game? If it's so how can I do this?????

THANKS TO BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Which games are we talking about here? If it's the freeware games on the ScummVM downloads page, I thought all the necessary files were included already.
rugge2008

Post by rugge2008 »

Hi,
I'm talking about drascula, under a steel sky. Also dott demo version isn't running on my N5. I downloaded the files in the micro sd card, one game - one folder, but scummv ds insn't able to find any game in the creted folder.
do i need some patched files to run the games ?.
thansk sooooo much!
ruggero
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

rugge2008 wrote: do i need some patched files to run the games ?.
Not with the desktion version of ScummVM at least, so I assume the DS version won't need it either. I would have thought you simply had to unpack the ZIP file and add the resulting folder to ScummVM.

But I don't have a Nintendo DS, so I can't try it for myself.
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

From what I can understand, your problem seems to be you are using the wrong executable files. SCUMMVM B only supports FOTAQ and BASS. Drascula isn't supported at all and DOTT Requires the SCUMMVM A executable. BASS Should work however. Create a folder SKY and put into it the files sky.cpt, sky.dnr and sky.dsk. Run the scummvmb.nds executable and point it into the SKY folder. Now it should find BASS just fine.

Also another thing, the N5 is just a knockoff of the R4 card, so it most likely automatically patches DLDI. So only patch the file if it doesn't work.

Here is a list of compatible games and which executable they require: http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#whichgames
rugge2008

Post by rugge2008 »

hi materleo
IT WORKKKKKSSSSSSSS
THANKS SIOOO MUCH!. I've tryied sky and works perfectly,
Another question ; what about monkey2? DO I need a cpt file also for this or simply copy the cd into a directory in the micro sd? same questions is for the others luca's adventure.

I've to offer you a lot of beers.... :D :D :D

thanks again

ruggero
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

No. Just copy it from the CD to a directory and run ScummVM build A.