The Curse of Monkey Island on Nokia 5800

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Anotherguest wrote:Its like totally distored. Tested with the Dig and the same there. Strange enough its only the background music, not the speech, and regardless if its compressed or not. Must be a misscalculation in the symbian port somehow. Sounds nice on the PC svn.
do you think that you can find a solution to this problem?
thanks for your excellent work anotherguest.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well I have reported a BUG on it and I will investigate it further. But those extra volume keys would be nice to use also. So i'm seeing what I can do about those too.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

hope to see this problem solved soon, I want to start playing this game but with the music in that way it will damage my game experience. :)

I need to wait :)
Rick81

Post by Rick81 »

Anotherguest:
Great work! Monkey Island 3 now works on Satio.

It will be so fun to play this game on my mobile phone! All "real" mobile phone games are just crappy "demo" games.
ScummVM has improved the game quality by at least 1000 times and now finally my mobile phone can compete with my PSP and DS in game time.

Stort tack för hjälpen, du är en riktig programmeringshjälte!
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Rick81 wrote:Anotherguest:
Great work! Monkey Island 3 now works on Satio.

It will be so fun to play this game on my mobile phone! All "real" mobile phone games are just crappy "demo" games.
ScummVM has improved the game quality by at least 1000 times and now finally my mobile phone can compete with my PSP and DS in game time.

Stort tack för hjälpen, du är en riktig programmeringshjälte!
hope to see the music problem solved soon.
no news on this problem?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I just got a new laptop since my old one broke down.So now I will have more time to debug.
Rick81

Post by Rick81 »

Yeah the music is really bad.

Anotherguest:
While you're fixing this problem would it be possible to add a "Rightclick button" above the square which brings up the "key meny"? Now I've put the key # as right click, which means I have to open the "key menu" every time I open the "Item menu" which squeezes the screen.

Would be good setting on a telephone button instead, like volume up/down but I guess the mappings are different on each phone.

If it is already possible to map "mouse buttons" to mobile phone buttons, let me know how to do it.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can use the small squeeze mode and the '-/-' mode in which you get right mouse button at top and left mouse button at the bottom.

Its a common problem with those non-key devices, using volume keys is a problem, since I need to use a very slow api for that, and I'm not sure how well that will work. I have tried it before, and did not work for gaming button.

I guess using magic keys to get vol keys working and then remap volkeys. I'm not sure what the keycodes magic key will generate for vol up and down, and that mapping might not be present properly in SDL.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

no news on the music problem?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

sblantipodi wrote:no news on the music problem?
If there was, I think Anotherguest would have posted about it. Nagging won't really help.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Freddo wrote:
sblantipodi wrote:no news on the music problem?
If there was, I think Anotherguest would have posted about it. Nagging won't really help.
I don't want to bother anotherguest, I want to be sure that I will not lose any news on this topic :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Nothing yet
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Anotherguest wrote:Nothing yet
really thanks for your reply :)
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

so i've finally played the game with the new svn and you're right about the music. i donno, for me it sounds like the it's re-sampling the old 22000hz files to a higher sample rate on the fly. that's usually how a low frequency files converted to 44100hz or 48000hz sound to me.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

It`s unplayable for me, playing a graphic adventure without sound isn`t so good, playing with rumor is also worse. :(