SD Card Corrupt?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

blanktarget

SD Card Corrupt?

Post by blanktarget »

Hi, I tried searching and didn't find anything on this so...

I got the games running great on my DS but soon as I try to plug the SD Card back into my PC it claims its corrupt and needs formatting, after that I can't play it on the DS either I have to format it and start over. Any ideas? It works fine if I don't play/run scumm on the my card.

I'm using the Supercard Lite with a 1gb microSD card and the latest scumm version as of today.
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

Which games do you have problems with and, have you tested with 0.11.1 as well? There is another topic below of a Supercard user claiming it freezes on his card but he didn't post much details...
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Also is this happening often? I've had a corrupt card a few times (SanDisk, Kingston)
Once I've reformatted it's OK. So do you mean it's happening all the time?
You can use the OS to format but I use the Panasonic tool.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/s ... atter.html
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

I've been wondering though, what do you guys use to copy files onto the Micro SD card? The SD Transflash adapter which you receive with the card, or do you use one of those USB keys which you receive with the Flash Cart? I've noticed the Transflash adapter doesn't cause file corruption unlike those USB key thingies. The only problem is that you need a genuine SD card reader to use the Transflash adapter.
another world

Post by another world »

i use a kingston usb reader that shipped with my 2gb japanese branded card. it handes sd and sdhc. i've never had a problem with it. you can pick the reader up at most online sites for around $4.

-another world
blanktarget

Post by blanktarget »

MasterLeo wrote:Which games do you have problems with and, have you tested with 0.11.1 as well? There is another topic below of a Supercard user claiming it freezes on his card but he didn't post much details...
I tried out monkey island and day of the tentacle.

It only gets corrupt when I put scummvm on the card I can swap other games all day no problem but soon as scumm is on the card it gets corrupt. So I doubt its the card reader I'm using or the sdcard. My best guess is that I messed up something when getting the files to work on the ds or I'm just unlucky.
blanktarget

Post by blanktarget »

Any thoughts? I to take scumm on the road :P
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

I don't know if it helps, but the Readme.txt says
*Supercard Lite (slot-2):* It has been reported that only the standard Supercard driver and the Moonshell version work with ScummVM DS.
Also you should really try the older version - 0.11.1, because I've been using it for a while with no problem.