something plays RMVB/AVI on Nintendo DSi!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

moonshell

something plays RMVB/AVI on Nintendo DSi!

Post by moonshell »

A mysterious video that has appeared on Youtube appears to show a Nintendo DSi with Moonshell playing various movie formats directly without the apparent need to convert them to DPG or similar beforehand.

The Youtube video, uploaded by an unknown individual shows a DSi playing both .avi (supposedly DivX/Xvid), Realmedia and Windows Media Video formats. you should see it through the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT-C0g_dpGs
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Nice if you're not into converting maybe (I haven't watched the vid)

I use Batch DPG which makes converting as many videos as you want really easy. I'm happy with it.

What I am trying to understand is the ScummVM connection and joining the forum just to post about it. Guess it takes all sorts.
another world

Post by another world »

i have no idea what this has to do with scummvmds. that "mysterious" video is a new flash linker with an onboard cpu. it allows for decoding of various formats on the media itself. gbatemp has exclusive rights to do the first internet review. no one knowns any details yet about the kit, the battery consumption, supported formats, etc. what is known is that it's still running in ds mode.

with that said this topic should really be closed.

-another world